Norfolk Kitchen & Bath is a leader in design build and installation in the Braintree and Framingham areas. We continue to grow our team due to the steady workflow from our 6 kitchen & bath showrooms. We will have projects ranging from full remodel to a smaller hang only job. Our field crews are support by in-house Project Managers and our Construction Manager.
We have been installing beautiful kitchens and completing remodeling projects for over 30 years. We take pride in being a family owned business and appreciate the work our employees do each day.
We have need for both Lead Carpenters as well as less experienced Carpenters who are excited to learn and master their skills under the mentorship of a Lead Carpenter.
Norfolk prides it self on being “big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.” Joining Norfolk means you can make a difference and be part of a company that truly values and appreciates its employees, customers and suppliers. We all play a role in our success.
We are family-owned and operated company and have been in business since 1934 (88 years). Our President is 4th generation and being very successful in managing and growing our company.
Norfolk offers paid time off, Free on-site employee gym, 401k with company match and several other benefits. We enjoy interacting with our employees, so we are 100% office based.
What do we do?
Primarily we design beautiful kitchens, bathrooms and living spaces and sell the cabinetry, countertops and accessories for the space. We also have our legacy location in Boston which is where Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is located supporting the local community with their hardware and DIY projects. Our commercial sales division supports the multifamily sector and our manufacturing shop supply these customers with countertop materials.
Skill you will have:
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
- Able to take direction and work independently
- High level of professionalism to be able to interact with customers via in person and phone
- Focus on high level of customer service and able to resolve job issues in the field
- Demonstrated ability to use power tools and perform work in a safe manner at all times
- Keen accuracy for details including measurements to the 1/16
- Basic computer application and smart phone skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean RMV
We’d like to see:
- 3 years finished carpentry or cabinetry experience - 10+ years for a Lead Carpenter role leading a crew
- Full capabilities of all tools used on the job and able to demonstrate safe operations.
- Reliable and hardworking mindset
- Committed to learning more about their carpentry skills and the overall process for remodeling projects
- Experience working with face to face customer service (homeowners)
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Reliable transportation is required and some jobs may require you drive directly to and from the job site
- Able speak, read and comprehend English. Bi-lingual helpful.
- Able to work in various work conditions – inside, outside with varying temperatures
- Able to carry and move tools and materials needed for job completion (up to 75+ lbs. independently)
- Able to walk, stoop, climb, reach, lift regularly as a daily task
- May be required to climb heights over 6’
- Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.