REPORTS TO: Program Manager
STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago Making Homelessness History prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. Our Emergency Fund program provides critical financial assistance to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness or another serious emergency. We quickly provide payments on a person’s behalf for things like rent, utilities, or even bus passes. Learn more at allchicago.org.
All Chicago launched the Expedited Housing Initiative, which aims to house more people more quickly than Chicago ever has before. Through this initiative, All Chicago and the Continuum of Care are testing multiple programmatic innovations. These include centralizing landlord outreach and engagement through a new program called Chicago Rents, hosting Accelerated Moving Events to facilitate cohort housing matches, expanding provider accountability metrics, and modifying how people flow through housing units. We believe these efforts will improve Chicago’s ability to house people quickly and connect them with rental subsidies, services and units scattered through the city. This position is a new position to coordinate in the expansion of our Rapid Re-housing program.
The Rapid Rehousing Associate (RRH Associate) is a key member of the Rapid Rehousing Team. The RRH Associate has the primary responsibility to provide support to the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)-funded Rapid Rehousing (RRH) Program. The RRH Associate may also be responsible for additional supportive tasks for the Expedited Housing Initiative (EHI).
Primarily, the Rapid Rehousing Associate will be responsible for supporting the ESG-funded Rapid Re-Housing partnership in various activities to help the partnership reach its annual goals and objectives. The RRH Associate will be on site at the Accelerated Moving Events (AME), follow-up with landlords across the city and ensure approval for participants. The RRH Associate is also responsible for providing support to the AME Coordinator during annual and cyclical activities, such as annual monitoring, on-site AME events, documentation follow up from partners and landlords and internal data input.
Housing Engagement and Connection Activities – 90%.
- Support All Chicago’s Rapid Re-Housing partnership in various activities to help the partnership reach its annual goals and objectives.
- Navigate housing process for individual program households in coordination with other staff roles, including Chicago Rents staff, Housing Liaisons, Landlords, Case Managers, and other support staff.
- Liaise between Chicago Rents Program and RRH agency staff by submitting unit applications to landlord partners.
- Facilitate a strong connection between case management staff and landlord partner.
- Support completion of leasing documentation and lease by case manager and landlord partner.
- Ensure all necessary move-in documentation (lease and combined leasing packet) is complete.
- Ensure all necessary documentation (lease, combined leasing packet, rent reasonableness, inspection, lead screening, landlord W-9) is uploaded to Salesforce and HMIS.
- Ensure initial funding requests are entered into Salesforce system.
- Identify and raise up opportunities for process improvements, while staying up to-date regarding process adjustments.
- Use experience, knowledge, and independent judgement to identify solutions.
- Participate in regular check-in meetings and trainings as needed.
- Support data quality and oversight as needed. This may include data entry, tracking, or reporting.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with internal and external staff.
- As needed, the RRH Associate may have the following responsibilities depending on current needs:
- Maintain and monitor administrative materials needed to support housing activities.
- Attend AMEs as an All Chicago representative to assist with keeping Salesforce current with unit and participant information.
- Respond to calls from homeless and at-risk community members seeking resources and assistance.
- Support the coordination and administrative activities of internal team meetings, partner meetings, and external CoC meetings.
- Actively participate in monthly staff and team meetings.
- Assists with All Chicago events and other activities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- A high school degree or equivalent and one to three years related experience in an office setting.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, general identification, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is in the $34.940 - $49,580 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.