Typhoon Texas is seeking to hire talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team. Joining Typhoon Texas is the ultimate summer season pass! Our Team Members will have the opportunity to gain real-world work experience, develop skills that will further their careers, and make new friends along the way!
We are dedicated to exceptional hospitality and making moments worth repeating all summer long! We focus on providing exceptional service and a great learning environment, developing our employees, and having fun!
A Food and Beverage Leader is Guest service focused and provides exceptional service in the F&B Department. Exceptional Guest service entails being fast and efficient while still maintaining safety, being Texas-friendly, being accurate, and having great personal integrity and responsibility. The skills learned in the F&B Department will be of great value and applicable throughout the Team Members' life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position reports to Seasonal F&B Manager of Operations, Full-time Manager of F&B, Director of Revenue
- Responsible for the overall operation of several F&B locations.
- Works with Supervisors and Leads to ensure an efficient operation for those locations.
- Oversee the entire scheduling process for responsible areas – from generation in accordance with budgetary guidelines to reviewing and publishing schedules in a timely manner each week.
- Review daily staffing in advance to fix scheduling issues caused by call-ins, scheduling errors, and attendance fluctuations.
- Keep an accurate record of labor being utilized for locations, making sure labor is spent efficiently, transferred accordingly, and reduced as needed.
- Communicate any staffing needs to the F&B Manager(s) in a timely manner.
- Ensure lunches/breaks are given in a timely manner and documented accordingly.
- Help reduce COGS by ensuring consistent and accurate portion sizes are given out and limiting waste and ensuring that all recipes are accurately followed.
- Ensure locations are adequately prepped for the coming days.
- Ensure checklists are turned in on time.
- Ensure that all Maintenance needs are communicated to the Seasonal F&B Manager of Operations or full-time F&B Manager.
- Ensure all equipment is being used properly.
- Maintain clean and inviting facilities.
- Follow and enforce all park, department, and company policies and coach employees accordingly.
- Ensure all health code laws are being followed and perform audits.
- Ensure all employees perform all tasks in a safe yet efficient manner.
- Conduct quality checks on product and uphold quality standards.
- Give timely feedback to management regarding performance issues.
- Coach all employees to be effective and efficient leaders.
- Highlight a culture of friendliness, teamwork, and willingness to help others within the F&B Department and with other departments.
- Serve as Person In Charge of the entire F&B operation on a rotating basis to oversee the entire operation particularly during opening and closing.
- Meet with FT Manager(s) regularly to discuss ongoing concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by Full-time Manager.
- Must be open and willing to learn new things.
- Must follow all health department requirements and maintain a clean working environment.
- Uses excellent judgment.
- Identifies problems and works quickly to find solutions.
- Works effectively with others, on all levels, in a positive and professional manner.
- Has excellent communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise, and grammatically correct written and oral language in interactions with Guests, fellow Team Members, and Management.
- This position may require standing for long periods of time outdoors, exposed to the elements of nature, including but not limited to hot temperatures, rain, and direct sunlight.
- This position may require you to work in other positions, locations, and/or departments on an ad hoc basis.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Food Handler’s permit and TABC Certificate*.
- Must be willing to complete any and all tasks given by Typhoon Texas management.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May be required to lift at least 20-50 lbs.
- May be required to be exposed to direct sunlight, hot temperatures, or rain.
- Must be able to multitask and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
*If you do not have a Typhoon Texas approved and current Food Handler's Permit and/or TABC Certification, you will be required to obtain one at your expense