Under general supervision, performs a variety of baking duties and prepares baked goods in a production oriented, scratch bakery. Produces bakery goods in an efficient manner in accordance with company policy and ingredient standards. Merchandises and displays products in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Prepares breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, biscuits, and other pastries, including icings and frostings according to established recipes and ingredient standards.
- Prepares all dough and scratch baking mixtures following established company procedures and recipes.
- Prepares baked goods for special diets as requested.
- Ensures that finished product meets our high quality standards.
- Follows proper labeling and signage requirements for company’s natural food standards.
- Reviews production schedules to determine quantity and variety of products to bake and assembles supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Manages and produces appropriate quantities to ensure we’re not over or under producing products.
- Develops new products.
- Provides excellent customer service at retail counter and also takes bakery orders from customers by phone and completes order forms properly.
- Assists in verifying received goods; checks for quality, count and condition.
- Stores and rotates all ingredients or merchandise following store policy and product code dates.
- Assists in ordering merchandise and maintaining inventory control.
- Notifies manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
- requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- (E) High school education or equivalent
- (E) 2-5 years experience in bakery field; Culinary Degree desirable
- (E) 2 years experience in a retail environment
Starting at $15.00/hour based on experience