The Social Media Content Creator creates engaging content to share on various social media platforms for the purposes of recruitment and marketing, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok. Attends various events and functions at the college to take photographs and video for the purpose of content creation. Collaborate with BMCC programs and departments to create content. Stays up to date on current social trends on multiple platforms. Creates a variety of content on a regular basis to develop an archive of ready-to-use media to post to social media. Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in the BMCC Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the creation of content to use on social media platforms.
- Attends events and functions on campus to take photographs and video.
- Works with programs and departments to create content related to their programs.
- Capture photographs and videos to illustrate campus life.
- Updates bulletin boards across campus including posting approved posters and removing expired postings.
- Collaborates with BMCC Ambassadors and Associated Student Government for content.
- Keeps BMCC involved in current trends.
- Understand and discover trending social content and apply to the BMCC brand.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and/or experience in various social media platforms including Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Working knowledge/proficiency with photo and video editing software.
- Excellent skills in editing various types of digital content ranging from general text content to specialized video content.
- Ability to create and edit images using software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe InDesign.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, accountability and deadlines, with excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Organized, reliable self-starter with strong creative thinking and collaboration skills.
- Ability to learn new trends, set priorities, and work effectively and efficiently under deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with regular supervision, follow detailed directions and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and students and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ability and willingness to work within established department and institutional guidelines, priorities, and schedules.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- This is an entry level position with experience in social media and content creation preferred, but not required.
Other Aspects of the Position
- Travel to all BMCC locations and events as needed, valid driver license required.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Physical ability to handle and transport heavy or awkward equipment and materials (up to 30 lbs).
This is a part time position 5-15 hours per week as needed. Part time employees earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked.
This is a 10 month position, September through June.
Pay: $16.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on experience.
This position is open until filled, first review of complete applications is March 31, 2023.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
Upload the following documents to your application. Please be sure to include all requested documents and supplements outlined below BEFORE you submit. You cannot upload after submission. Applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed and will be discarded appropriately:
Cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications as outlined in the position description.
Please contact Human Resources (541-278-5837) if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Blue Mountain Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer. For complete EEO disclosure statement please go to www.bluecc.edu/EEO.