Avesta Housing is looking for a knowledgeable and organized individual to support the functioning of our information systems and the talented people and teams that rely on them for their work.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have 4 or more years of experience in information technology and meet the following requirements:
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications, networking, and PC/Server operating systems.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in project management, enterprise networking, security, storage, and computer systems.
- Proficient in major office software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people, departments, and circumstances. Able to effectively communicate complex information to employees with varying levels of technological literacy.
- Experience with work order management and medication management software.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Multilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Click HERE to view the full Technology Systems Administrator job description.
This a full-time hourly position with occasional on call responsibilities. Starting range is $27.69 - $35.90 per hour.
Work Location This job is on-site at our headquarters located at 307 Cumberland Ave., Portland, Maine, and will require occasional travel to our company’s portfolio of properties in southern Maine and eastern New Hampshire.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- fully employer-paid health, dental, and vision plans for employees
- flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with up tp 6% immediately vested match
- life insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- free mental health counseling
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- professional development assistance