Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by performing important accounting duties and other tasks.
The successful candidate will demonstrate devotion to accuracy of assigned tasks, exhibit an elevated level of attention to detail, and serve as a professional ambassador for The Association and Texas A&M University. The Accounting Assistant I will demonstrate the persistence to effectively contribute as an individual, while also collaborating with teammates to achieve our overall vision, mission, and goals.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Performs specific tasks in support of accounting initiatives.
- Imports or completes data entry for expense vouchers, cash receipts, vendor invoices, employee expense reports, employee BOA expense reports and other items, as needed.
- Performs data entry and creates invoices for customers.
- Accepts and signs cash receipts from departments.
- Reviews daily bank items for accuracy and completeness, as needed.
- Completes daily check and cash deposit.
- Assists with scanning of invoices and organizing scans in computer files, and with filing of all accounting items and entering dates in applicable control logs.
- Processes check runs (Accounts Payable).
- Prepares invoices for customers requiring billing.
- Emails credit card statements and prepares log.
- Completes multiple monthly and quarterly journal voucher input.
- Assists with various monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Processes mail and routes items in a timely manner.
- Ensures new vendors are properly created and that a W-9 is on file, if necessary.
- Assists with 1099 process.
- Assists with budget process, as needed.
- Exports quarterly management reports. Assists staff with basic inquiries requiring MIP software.
- Completes quarterly data entry for Century Club inventory review and other inventory.
- Assists with monthly review of collections.
- Assists with needs of internal customers.
- Updates internal processes, as needed.
- Assists with maintaining Accounting mailbox when needed.
- Maintains monthly prep for Wrike project management software.
- Works with Accounting Manager to enhance controls and efficiencies.
- Performs various office administrative duties.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Ability to work in a professional environment, organize concurrent projects, and manage time. Ability and willingness to work as a team player with customer satisfaction as a priority. Ability to interact with a diverse population and be a liaison to all departments with a positive attitude. Effective oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail. Working knowledge of standard office equipment, and ability to efficiently operate 10-key. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, and ability to learn accounting software and web-based reporting systems. Keyboarding skills and frequent use of computer monitors. Willingness to work overtime during peak periods.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation.
Required: 1-2 years of accounting experience.
Preferred: 2-5 years of accounting experience.
Required: High school graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience, supplemented by work experience or business courses with specific training in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, personal computers, scanning and web based-software.
Received: Controller, Accounting Manager, and Accounting Assistant II on occasion.