The Recertification Specialist for Euclid Beach Villas, 559 units, reviews all resident files within the portfolio. The Recertification Specialist applies knowledge of regulatory requirements for properties to ensure compliance standards are met. This position serves as the primary point of contact for overseeing compliance, responding to HUD concerns, and providing outreach to the property.
- Process initial, annual, and interim recertification’s and calculate retroactive rent while conforming to HUD regulations and HPD guidelines.
- Calculate rents for annual and interim recertification.
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent adjustments.
- Review applicant files and determine Section 8 eligibility.
- Follow LIHTC and Section 8 guidelines.
- Notify residents of upcoming recertifications.
- Schedule initial interviews for recertifications.
- Prepare third party verification forms.
- Maintaining residents’ files and paperwork.
- Review tenant ledgers for arrears.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Four (4) years recertification specialist experience.
- Knowledge of Section 8, LIHTC and HUD.
- Experience with EIV reports.
- Knowledge of HUD/Public Housing/Tax Credit policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Notary Public is preferred.
- COS certification.
- Experience with MOR.
- Yardi experience.
- People skills and superior communication skills.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values