BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Solar Designer to support the electrical and civil engineering teams with design and drafting for solar and energy storage projects ranging from 1MW - 250 MW.
BlueWave's vision is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects. BlueWave has developed and built more than 150 MW of solar projects to date and is actively developing battery storage projects to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid more than 144,000 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Collaborating with Development Engineers and senior designers to produce preliminary AutoCAD layouts and design packages
- Working independently as well as with a team to meet established deadlines
- Generating drawings that are in line with company drawing standards and templates
- Following quality control procedures for completeness, accuracy and code compliance
- Being proactive when communicating with the team
- Generating Bill of Materials from CAD drawing
- Providing civil and electrical construction details for PV and BESS systems
- 25%-30% travel expected for the position for office and site visits as needed. Remote applicants must be willing to travel to the Boston office at least once a month
- 2 year AAS degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or equivalent
- 2+ years of drafting/design experience in the solar PV or renewable industry
- Familiarity with solar PV designs and layout considerations
- Basic understanding of electrical plans, diagrams, and terminology
- Superb problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn and grow technically
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
"Would like to have" Qualifications:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Familiarity with civil and grading design
- High voltage/substation experience
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.