The Executive Assistant to the COO (EA) provides a wide range of administrative and programmatic support to Bellwether’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), and the Finance & Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The EA must have a deep understanding of the COO’s values and goals for the organization and work in a manner that advances those values and goals, including establishing and maintaining a collaborative, ambitious, engaged, and mission-driven organizational culture.
- Proactively manage extremely active calendar to ensure COO priorities are met and those who need it have access to Executive’s time and attention.
- Organize travel & conference plans and schedule.
- Work with the COO and her direct reports to develop and schedule collaborative meetings for several annual processes (compensation review, operating budget process, capital budget process) as well as quarterly (departmental status meetings, financial results reviews) and monthly processes (regular 1:1 meetings), and other cross-organizational collaborative meetings.
- Track expenditures, collect receipts, and submit expense reports for COO.
- Be COO’s primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including outside vendors (auditors, bankers, lenders, investors, and other key stakeholders). Coordinate meetings and follow-up actions, when necessary.
- Communicate key COO team initiatives and decisions to all employees.
- Coordinate venue, agendas, outside participants, and other elements of COO team meetings.
- Act as barometer within the organization, having a sense for issues taking place in the environment and keeping COO informed.
- Manage Finance & Audit committee meeting schedules and logistics (room reservations, set-up, clean-up, food orders). In collaboration with the COO and CFO, act as key liaison to coordinate collection of materials to collate and distribute to the Committee in advance of meetings.
- Prepare and timely distribute all Committee meeting materials.
- Coordinate with CEO’s EA for Committee items that require attention of the Board of Directors (policy changes, resolutions, etc.).
- Understand and manage Committee compliance with various governance rules and regulations, including organizational articles and bylaws.
- Establish, develop and maintain accurate Committee records (minutes, resolutions, and other key documents).
- Act as a back-up to the CEO’s EA for board and committee support during scheduled absences (reciprocal).
Self & Team Development
- Embody Bellwether values of respect, integrity, community, and excellence in your work.
- Contribute and participate as a member of the Bellwether team to troubleshoot problems as they arise, suggesting/initiating procedural changes as needed.
- Work together with all Bellwether coworkers to learn effectively from and with each other, and to incorporate lessons learned.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing administrative and programmatic support to executive-level leadership.
- Commitment to Bellwether’s mission and to principals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- High level of integrity, discretion, and professionalism.
- Scrupulous about details in all matters of planning and communication.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with diverse individuals, including all levels of staff, Board members, and external partners and donors.
- Proactive thinker who actively seeks and proposes solutions; strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional customer service ability, including problem-solving skills, and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to customer requests.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Licensed notary in Washington state.
Other Position Requirements:
- A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or company-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Compensation: $54,000 - $60,500 per year, depending on experience. Generous benefits