New Classrooms is seeking a QA Engineer to help test our personalized education products and services. As a member of the Technology Solutions team, the QA Engineer will collaborate with both an internal engineering team as well as the engineers of our platform partner to ensure that we are delivering the best possible experience to the teachers and students that use our products every day. In this role your job is not just software testing, but to be an advocate for quality during all parts of the development process, and to partner with team members and other departments to make sure that we are building quality into everything we do.
This role is remote and requires some overlap with our headquarters timezone of EDT/EST.
What you Would Do
- Perform exploratory manual, functional, and regression testing
- Write automated API/UI/E2E tests for multiple products
- Participate directly in Agile product development
- Document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
- Mentor other members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Work with other engineers and customer-facing support teams to identify, log, root-cause, triage, prioritize, and drive resolution of defects
Key Competencies of the Role
- Operates Effectively - to be successful in this role, you will need excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize a substantial workload during peak times
- Team Player - the Build team is highly collaborative and you’ll interface regularly with all of the engineers
- Verbal + Written Communication: You’ll be working with lots of people in the organization and need strong interpersonal skills as the way you communicate with these people will need to vary based on their needs and level of understanding of the work that you do. You’ll need strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with technical and, sometimes, non-technical teams
- Information sharing: You’ll need to be open and honest about challenges, as well as the actions required to address unexpected developments
What We are Looking For
- 3-5+ years of designing and working with test automation frameworks and developing automated test scripts
- Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, preferably Python or C#
- Proficiency with SQL and preferably experience with the PostgreSQL dialect
- Proficiency with GraphQL
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient with continuous development tools and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Ability to work in new problem spaces with varying amounts of definition
- Experience with test tools (Selenium, Webdriver, pytest, etc)
- Nice-to-have: Experience with performance testing tools (jMeter, LoadRunner, etc)
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is remote, full-time, with a salary range of $75,000-105,000, and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 42 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.