At FFB Bank, we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset – and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and personal success- apply today!
Teamwork: We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
Relationships: We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
Authentic: We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
Commitment: We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of equipment, commercial building and business loans in compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures; develops business checking and deposit relationships with customers; and promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for assisting in attaining established Bank goals through active participation officer calling programs, and provides guidance and support to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in the sales environment.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to Senior Management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Ensures that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
- Ensures that certification or deletion of collateral is made by the appropriate personnel.
- Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit facilities.
- Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit facilities.
- Approves loan payments, draws from lines of credit, and fund transfers within specified limits.
- Authorizes commitment, engagement, auction, and decline letters.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the branch and region; implements costs controls, income generation, and branch and region marketing efforts; monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Verifies funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Reviews NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within his or her portfolio; approves or declines such exceptions within established lending limits.
- Provides deposit and loan account ratings.
- Cross sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Updates and corresponds with legal counsel and collectors on workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible precautionary actions or measures are taken.
- Directly responsible in meeting annual deposit and loan growth goals assigned by Senior Management.
- Provides leadership and training to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
- Participates with Senior Management with developing, analyzing and finalizing major and complex loan agreements with representatives of large businesses; participates in various internal committees assigned by Senior Management.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned branch staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross trained staff.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for various branch functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from an accredited college or university; 5 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Mastered experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Mastered knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Proven ability to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of branch operation procedures, Bank products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.