Trellance is the leading provider of data analytics and business intelligence solutions, professional services and consulting for credit unions. The company’s solutions and services, together with the patented common data model, are used by credit unions to find actionable insights, improve member experience and achieve portfolio growth.
The Senior Network Engineer provides general consulting and technical staff augmentation for the business unit within Trellance; overall responsible for design, maintenance and implementation of network infrastructure and services. This is a senior level position providing expert level engineering, design, implementation and troubleshooting skills for our clients.
- Ensures the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, reliable, high-quality services for Trellance in areas such as backbone networking, network facilities and infrastructure, Internet access, network security, 3rd party connectivity & remote access to services.
- Manage all aspects of client network infrastructure including managed customer networks. Ensure that the infrastructure is implemented and operating with best practices for security, performance and uptime.
- Manage handoffs from carriers and transport connections from network edge to core Trellance network.
- Manage routing between carriers, customer networks and Trellance network, using appropriate routing protocols, ensuring optimal paths and quick failovers for redundant paths.
- Document network designs and implementations.
- Management of third party architecture, implementation and maintenance.
- Manage IP space including all public IP blocks and customer assignments.
- Receive and resolve network support escalations from L3 support team.
- Develop a standard, best practices based deployment architecture for clients.
- Provide expert guidance to customers on best practices for network and security design. Participate in network design meetings with customers and implementation team.
- Participate in the training of engineering, support and implementations staff.
- Conducts extensive research and development for network & security technology products to ensure the organization is kept updated on third-party product development, and that we receive the proper third-party network support and troubleshooting care by effectively managing relationships with third-party network vendors and suppliers.
- Provide up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories
- In the event of a disaster or production down even, is responsible to respond and contribute to the resolution of the operational disaster. May involve working extended hours, unusual hours and be flexible with schedule.
- Performs other operational related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field.
- Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is a plus.
- 5-10 years network installation and management experience required.
- Expert experience with Fortinet switches, firewalls and web security appliances.
- Expert experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and web security appliances.
- Expert level network security skills including implementing firewalls, IPS/IDS, WAF, DDOS protection and web filtering solutions.
- Extensive expertise with building VPN networks.
- Expert level network engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Expert knowledge of configuring and implementing BGP, OSPF, MPLS networks, VRF and VPNs
- Strong experience with Cisco Nexus. ACI and ASR platforms preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills required in solving complex network issues required.
- Ability to understand complex systems and IT protocols as well as constantly adapt, learn and support new technologies is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Senior Cisco certifications, i.e. CCIE and/or Fortinet NSE 4-8 (NSE 7 preferred).