The role of Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for all warehouse transactions, incoming and outgoing. This individual will also assist other material handlers and departments, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with material returns from subcontractors.
- Load out subcontractors' hard surface, carpet, and vinyl.
- Maintain a clean warehouse environment.
- Operate forklifts in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform cycle counts as directed.
- Stage orders for future load outs.
- Stock supply store to prepare for future business.
- Unload pad trailer as needed.
- Unload vendors, verifying RFMS for bin combination.
- Verify returned materials and maintain proper storage.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, or GED preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Detail-Oriented; Thorough
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Time-Management
- Responsive to direction
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse Environment
- May require working in hot or cold temperatures
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.