The Savior Pastoral Center is currently looking for a Building Attendant. This position is an onsite, live-in staff member who provides hospitality, security, maintenance and custodial services at the Savior Pastoral Center. This position will work in the evening and on weekends.
- Assist with welcoming groups and other overnight guests.
- Assists with guests needs while staying at the center.
- Assists the Pastoral Center office for scheduled evening activities and checking answering machine.
- Must be able to check boiler rooms according to written instructions from Maintenance.
- Informs and communicates with Director, maintenance and housekeeping staff.
- Must be able to complete building walk-through which include shutting off lights, checking restrooms and ensuring doors are locked.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with guests.
- Any and all duties as assigned by Supervisor or a member of management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years of maintenance, custodial or security experience preferred.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and communicate with the public and staff.
- Ability to work independently and solve practical problems.
- Experience in basic maintenance knowledge.