FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Cell Operator I performs a variety of machine operations utilizing Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications.
- Runs two or more operations using CNC and conventional machines.
- Determines which steps (inspect, deburr, and load parts) to take to maintain continuous parts production with minimal supervision.
- Qualifies and operates a CMM, interprets SPC charts and data, initiate and/or takes corrective action necessary to return process back into control.
- Works with other shift operators and set-up technicians to maintain continuous parts production.
- Changes tools as required and adjusts offsets to make quality parts.
- Performs regular maintenance duties on assigned machines (i.e. maintaining coolant, coolant concentrate, and hydraulic oil at correct levels).
- Supports and engages in Lean activities to create a continuous improvement environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. A CNC certificate from an accredited program is preferred.
Three years of related CNC experience is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Basic understanding of M and G code commands.
- Ability to understand work instructions. Ability to prepare simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Basic math ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units (inch/metric) of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to use and interpret basic quality tools to chart and monitor measurement data as required and read prints.
- Practical understanding of workplace cleanliness, organizational skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
CNC Machining certificate desired.
Typical manufacturing environment with exposure to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor. Must be able to frequently lift 25 pounds unassisted.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor