The incumbent under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, is responsible for the Sales leadership, Operations management and supervision of all branch functions. The Manager is responsible for managing, advising and assisting all branch staff with regards to their respective functions. Effectively operating the retail branch location is the responsibility of the Branch Manager.
All Branch Managers have a “home branch” but may be asked to cover for any of our other branches at any time. Being able to work at each of our locations is mandatory.
• Responsible for entire Branch staff Service Quality and efficiency:
• Demonstrating exemplary customer service on a consistent basis when dealing with the public
• Maintaining a professional attitude at all times
• Maintains and enhances product knowledge on an ongoing basis to assist the public with all financial needs
• Makes recommendations to improve workflow, as needed.
• Responsible for Business Development and Sales Management function:
• Strives to attain Sales through active cross-selling of additional products and services
• Probes for leads and further business when dealing with all customers
• Actively pursue business development efforts to reach local business and community-based not for profits, to promote Bogota’s community mindedness and enhance deposit growth
• Rectify all customer issues in an efficient, professional manner
• Direct and coordinate branch specific effort of expanding and developing customer relationships through active cross-selling by all employees
• Continually promote Bogota’s product line through daily business interaction
• Conduct and supervise internal sales and service training on a regular basis to ensure appropriate branch staff development. Continually develop staff to focus on customer service that results in product referrals
• Hold monthly branch staff meetings, documenting same, to keep staff updated in all areas concerning the bank / branch.
• Follow and oversee that all branch security and control procedures, including dual control and the opening and closing of the branch are being applied appropriately and effectively
• Mentor subordinates to ensure that they are constantly developing the skills necessary to assume higher rank when necessary
• Prepare, review and monitor daily reports, operating daily within budget and ascertaining appropriate approvals are received on transactions requiring an override.
• Comply and execute the Bank's BSA program, including Customer Identification program (CIP), ChexSystems and OFAC processing, observation of customer activity and completion of currency transactions reports as needed.
• Review and document such review, with entire branch staff, the BSA and Operations procedures
• Responsible for Personnel Administration:
• Complete detailed annual staff reviews, documenting both strengths and weaknesses of all branch employees. Annual evaluations are to be submitted in advance of actual due date.
• Disciplinary actions (verbal, written, termination) to be documented in writing and discussed with employee upon occurrence
• Attend all required training sessions and management meetings for the purpose of exchanging new ideas, problem solving and learning about policies, procedures and new product development
• Responsible for branch community involvement and local public relations activities (CRA), as required
Other Job Functions
• Perform any operations-related duties, as needed
• Attend community-based luncheons and dinners, as required representing Bogota in a positive and professional manner
• Volunteer and command leadership positions within community-based organizations, as needed
• Comply with all bank-related policies and procedures
• Any additional Managerial assignments, as required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Designs work flows and procedures.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Performance Coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
Impact & Influence - Achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Consultative Selling - Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
Sales Skills - Maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.