Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is seeking a VMware System Administrator to join a team in Norfolk, VA.
- Perform the planning and the coordination of installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and administration of complex virtualized environment consisting of Microsoft Windows Server and RHEL Server Operating Systems.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Manage systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recover ability; implementing security procedures and tools.
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems within the virtualized environment.
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Maintain systems configuration.
- Manage the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates, and enhancements; and/or ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.
- Implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) across a Windows environment.
- Conduct vulnerability management, patching, and remediation.
- Isolate and resolve complex software problems involving the application and the operating systems.
- Perform system administration tasks such as user management (creation, support, and deletion of user accounts), software installation, server monitoring, server backup operations, operating system, and application troubleshooting, and computer security for all operating systems in use within the environment.
- Provide system administration services for all virtualized servers, storage area networks (SANs), and server hosted applications.
- Manage virtual environment; perform log analysis, error detection, fault correction, backups, and restores; perform startup and shutdown of the systems as required.
- Build, configure, patch, and upgrade virtualized servers, operating systems, and server applications as required and/or mandated by IAVA/IAVB following the STIG and industry best practices.
- Provide user identity management and authentication support which includes Active Directory management and monitoring, cryptographic logon enablement and support, and user account management in accordance with DISA STIGs and industry best practices.
- Add, delete, and modify user access to the network resources; manage account profiles, permissions, and access to resources; and create accounts. Monitor, disable, and remove inactive accounts as well as control permissions.
- Develop and implement plans as a continuous process for the integration of new virtualized server and client software and provide technical advice on new requirements.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products to support virtualized environments including determination of hardware, operating system, platform specifications, and various systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in scope.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled backups/snapshots; restore data as required to support systems and data recovery due to hardware, software, or user error; verify and validate the integrity of the backups/snapshots.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide updates quarterly or as tasked.
- Eight (8) years of server virtualization and administration experience.
- Up to two (2) years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of IT/Cyber related college completed or
- for each current certification held.
- Specialized Experience: Minimum of four (4) years job-related experience in administering VMware products. Experience and mastery knowledge of vSAN, vCenter, and vSphere 6.x including advanced features such as vMotion, High Availability, REST APIs, and Integrated Containers. Experience and expert knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems and Windows Server Operating Systems including Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, DHCP and DNS. CompTIA Security+, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification (or higher level certification) or Bachelor’s Degree (or higher level degree) from an accredited University in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity required. Operating System/Computing Environment (OS/CE) certificate of training. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with Government civilian, Military personnel, and other Contractors at all levels of staff and management to assure customer satisfaction and requirements have been fully met. Meet operational requirements (i.e. contractor personnel should arrive ready to work with proper certifications) and meet minimum credential requirements IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8140.01, Cybersecurity Workforce Management, SECNAV 5239.2-M, Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual.
- An Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.