Provides excellent customer service. Performs a variety of duties relating to retail food service including greeting, serving, suggestive selling and limited preparation (garnishing and plating) of hot and cold food. Stocks and replenishes Culinary retail area and maintains sanitation standards. Responsible customer service is a major component of this position.
- Greets and serves customers promptly and courteously.
- Handles all hot and cold foods appropriately during preparation and service, ensures proper sanitation practices occur continually.
- Maintains appropriate portion control and merchandising standards during service.
- Maintains post check out area.
- Cleans equipment as assigned thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Monitors customer buying trends and makes relevant recommendations to supervisor for product additions and deletions.
- Accurately inventories supplies daily and requisitions items needed to meet par levels.
- Ensures all food and supplies are stored under proper conditions, covered, labeled, and dated.
- Stocks retail area, assists Cooks with display refrigerators and salad bar.
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively as per standards.
- Informs cooks in a timely manner when food quantities are low.
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to supervisor.
- Maintains standard operating procedures in accordance with company policy, guidelines and outside licensed and certification authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- High school education or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in food service industry
Starting at $15/hour