Are you dependable, proactive, and professional? Does your exceptional customer service, high work standards, and laser focused attention to detail set you apart? Look no further… Sheehan Phinney is for you! We are hiring a full-time Legal Assistant who will use their honed expertise to support up to five attorneys in multiple practice areas. Responsibilities include preparing/revising documents, correspondence, pleadings, and forms; scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings, and depositions; court and agency filings including e-filing; processing mail; file maintenance and general administrative duties along with other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of legal terminology and the ability to apply it correctly
- Strong administrative skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work efficiently while using good judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative
- Clear and concise writing skills
- The ability to interact and communicate with clients and court personnel on a professional level
- Ability to manage deadlines regarding projects and scheduling of meetings and/or depositions
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Presents professional, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Knowledge of State and Federal court filing requirements
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency with MS Office
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 + years of experience as a Legal Assistant with a proven track record of success. E-filing experience, proactive, savvy, self-starter required. Experience supporting a busy legal practice, paralegal certification and notary preferred. EOE
Why Sheehan Phinney?
We appreciate the importance of work-life balance to support your personal and professional success. Our collaborative atmosphere allows for quality time to grow your career network and absorb the wealth of knowledge available within our tenured team. We provide a flexible work environment through our hybrid remote schedule, and early Friday release summer program.
We take pride in our employees’ work ethic, and reward that commitment with a comprehensive benefits package and by offering generous paid time off (PTO) in addition to twelve paid holidays annually. We believe in compensating people fairly and provide tuition reimbursement, paid leave, paid volunteer time, and the opportunity to grow!
If you would like to work for an organization that is growing, gives back to the community and is a place where you can shine, look no further, and submit your resume and cover letter today!