The Regional Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of communities in their assigned region. The Regional Manager implements policies, procedures, and practices to enable each property to meet budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives.
- Complete oversight of all real estate property management functions including managing the day-to-day administrative and maintenance operations in their region.
- Creates and implements leasing and marketing plans, resident relations, budget preparation and financial reporting, and monitoring compliance with HUD.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis reports (Financial Overviews) for submission to CFO.
- Conducts monthly budget review to ensure sites are meeting NOI.
- Ensures that all resident complaints are handled expeditiously, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Supervises the appropriate building security measures, incident documentation, lease violation reports and proper notification of management, owner and/or insurance carriers where necessary.
- Develops, implements, and assures continued implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensures that maximum economic rents are achieved through the active rent level management, general and targeted outreach methods, assurance of leasing skills, and resident retention programs.
- Responsible for vouchering through TRACS and ensuring all voucher related issues are handled expeditiously and turned around to the Contract Administrator.
- Coordinates with staff & third-party contractors to ensure all work orders are closed out with signatures and photos for all work.
- Approves the purchases of large-scale items/repairs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a Regional Property Manager.
- Proficient in YARDI.
- Experience with preparation and oversight of REAC and MOR inspections.
- Exceptional communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Knowledge of the NYC residential market (Rent Stabilization, DHCR, HPD).
- In-depth knowledge of Affordable Housing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while demonstrating the initiative to produce results and resolve problems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values