Trellance is the leading provider of data analytics and business intelligence solutions, professional services and consulting for credit unions. The company’s solutions and services, together with the patented common data model, are used by credit unions to find actionable insights, improve member experience and achieve portfolio growth.
The Senior Systems Engineer provides general consulting and technical staff augmentation for the business unit within Trellance; overall responsible for design, maintenance and implementation of complex network and systems infrastructure in a Microsoft Windows environment for on-premise, community cloud, and public-cloud environments. This is a senior level position providing expert level engineering, design, implementation and troubleshooting skills for our clients.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex Microsoft-based systems, including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Windows Server.
- Design, build, and deploy highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure.
- Provide expertise in Azure services such as Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Virtual Networks, Azure AD, Azure DevOps, Azure Security Center, Azure Site Recovery, and Azure Backup.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code for automation of deployments standardization.
- Implement security policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity strategies for Azure and on-premise infrastructure.
- Assist customers with configuration and maintenance of on-premise virtual environments, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Perform all aspects of system deployment, including hardware, software, database, load balancing, security configurations, and best practices.
- Migrate on-premise server and application infrastructure for customers to Microsoft Azure
- Evaluate new technologies and services and make recommendations for adoption based on business and security needs
- Develop standard, best practices based deployment architecture for clients.
- Provide expert guidance to customers on best practices for system, network and security design.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of installed systems
- Participate in systems design meetings with customers and implementation team.
- Participate in the training of engineering, support and implementations staff.
- Develop and maintain documentation and runbooks to support cloud infrastructure operations.
- Provide up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories.
- In the event of a disaster or production down, is responsible to respond and contribute to the resolution of the operational disaster. May require working extended or unusual hours, and schedule flexibility.
- Performs other operational related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field.
- Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is a plus.
- 5-10 years system and network engineering and administration experience required.
- Expert experience with Microsoft technologies; Azure, Windows Server, SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP stack, DFS and IIS.
- Expert experience with Microsoft Azure cloud computing technologies, including IaaS and PaaS services and Microsoft 365.
- Strong network security skills including implementing WAF, web filtering, endpoint security, and DLP solutions.
- Expert level network engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong experience with Linux and related technologies a plus
- Strong knowledge on SAN technologies and deployment of storage in a virtualized environment.
- Strong technical and analytical skills required in solving complex network and system issues required.
- Ability to understand complex systems and IT protocols as well as constantly adapt, learn and support new technologies is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage.
- MCSE, Azure Architect or similar.