JOB SUMMARY: In support of Episcopal SeniorLife Communities operations, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing executive and administrative support to the EVP/CFO and the leadership team. This will include but may not be limited to calendar and logistics management, Board and committee coordination and support, event and meeting coordination, project management and reconciliation of expenses.
Salary Range: $53,000-$69,000 **Dependent on Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ensures a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment that reflects Episcopal SeniorLife Communities’ values and supports achieving the organization’s mission and strategic priorities.
• With the EVP/CFO, develops Executive Office work plan
• Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment; reviews, prioritizes and routes incoming correspondence
• Maintains appointment calendars, plans, schedules and coordinates meetings, screens requests for the EVP/CFO’s time, and assists her/him with effective time management. Ensures that the EVP/CFO has required background information and materials in advance of all meetings, maintains contacts
• Drafts routine and non-routine correspondence for EVP/CFO’s signature; proofreads materials, including speeches and presentations, for accuracy, completeness and compliance with the organization’s standards, policies and procedures
• Establish and manage structures and processes that enable the EVP/CFO to be most effective
• Serves as communications hub for work of EVP/CFO within the affiliate and the communities served
• Determines availability of participants and schedules appointments and conference calls with little oversight
• Coordinates planning and logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings, conferences and other events as needed; informs attendees/participants of meeting logistics; arranges for appropriate AV equipment and manages logistics. Collects agenda items and prepares agenda
• Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of records and reports, including performance appraisals, strategic plan operations reporting and quarterly reports to the Board; organizes and maintains office records; and may conduct special studies
• Maintains and updates content for EVP’s contribution to e-news and other vehicles for communicating with staff
• Advises and prepares communications for EVP/CFO as needed regarding signifying major life events of staff and Board, e.g., birthdays, illnesses, births, etc.
• Organizes and coordinates communications (video, written, presentations, etc.) for the office of the EVP/CFO
• Works with internal Departments to establish appropriate lead times and content for EVP/CFO speaking engagements; follow-up when parameters are not followed
• Prepares documents and presentations to final format from draft or handwritten notes
• Coordinates business itineraries, travel arrangements, conferences, meetings and other business functions, including registration for conferences, booking hotel reservations, plane flights and train tickets
• Processes invoices, submits payroll and reconciles expenses for the Executive Office
• Corporate Record Management. Maintain electronic databases, paper files and records, retrieving information as necessary; may create financial, statistical, narrative and/or other reports as requested
• Reporting. May perform various types of business analyses, including accumulating, calculating and formatting information into final reports; assist in budget preparation, patient billing, charging and insurance claims/programs
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the EVP/CFO; supports special projects as assigned
• Shows respect to all internal and external customers for differences in backgrounds, lifestyles, viewpoints and needs in areas such as race, gender, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation and others
Board of Directors
• Serves as facilitator to the EVP/CFO and members of the Finance, Human Resources and Corporate Compliance committees.
• Manages meeting logistics for the committee meetings; attends and takes minutes of meetings, both in the office and at other locations. Works with the Corporate Relations Manager to coordinate materials and communications for Board Meetings.
• With the EVP/CFO, coordinates, creates agendas for, participates in and assigned Committees of the Board
• Prepares and ensures timely preparation of packets for assigned committee meetings; develops materials to be most useful to Board Members; recommends changes as necessary; photocopies and scans packets, manages, with Corporate Relations Manager, Board information to keep up to date corporate records related Board materials
• Serves as liaison on program committees, etc. as assigned by the EVP/CFO
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, Microsoft teams or other project management software a plus
• Must possess excellent and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
• Experience managing multiple assignments/projects and conflicting priorities with the pressure of short, demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive self-starter, confident in their ability to move work forward quickly and accurately with limited direction and ability to manage-up
• Skilled at organizing one’s own work, but also understanding organizational needs of others and accommodating their needs
• Ability to pivot with changing priorities and very flexible work-style desired
• Proven ability to handle confidential information, documents and agency matters
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Health Care Administration, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years demonstrated executive or senior management support experience; Non–Profit or Health Care industry experience preferred.