For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to our employees include:
- Medical (including prescription plan)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation & PTO
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Engineer will provide support and execution of quality, continuous improvement, and support organizational activities with an effort to improve the quality management system, while also improving efficiency and compliancy of manufactured components. A Quality Team member who embraces change and focuses on continuous organizational improvements that further enhance the customer experience with Bender, Inc. products and services.
- Assist Quality Management to improve the Quality Management System through the execution of process and procedures.
- Execute the development of standard operating procedures, work instructions and documents as required to drive organizational improvements.
- Understand and utilize the tools of the Quality Management System.
- Investigate and determine root cause analysis and implement corrective actions for non-conformances and quality issues where they apply.
- Execute final disposition of RMA process.
- Audit the execution of processes and procedures established throughout the organization.
- Perform ISO Internal Audits of the Quality Management System in coordination with Internal Audit team.
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the organization as it applies to the Quality Management System and coordinate projects with the CI team.
- Assist in the development of training programs for employees.
- Perform all duties in full compliance with and in accordance to Bender safety rules
- Perform First Article Inspections of newly sourced products and materials to ensure they meet criteria for their intended use.
- Perform the Incoming Inspection of material in coordination with Logistics.
- Execute In-Process Audits of production processes to ensure the job orders comply with the production process flow.
- Assist with final inspection validation of product as needed.
- Manage Salesforce cases to address Quality Issues.
- Communicate new standards and processes to the organization.
- Improve inter-departmental communications to drive a quality culture.
- Report KPI's to Quality Managers. Perform all duties in full compliance with an in accordance with Bender safety rules.
- As assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial)
- Business Management (Quality Experience)
- Six sigma or Lean Certifications is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in quality and/or continuous improvement
- Experience with Electro-Mechanical industry assemblies a plus.
- Experience in improving organizational processes.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications
- ERP Systems experience
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team; initiative
- Flexible work hours when required
- Strong written and oral communications skills - including presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Confidentiality; professionalism
- Ability to communicate and provide constructive feedback in a positive nature at all levels of the organization regarding performance and objectives.
- Ability to lead, mentor and delegate by providing employees with clear direction.
- Ability to take direction from Senior Management and display a positive attitude, strong work ethic and utilizing strong problem-solving skills.
The above statements and information are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.