Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission through the delivery of premier customer service and creating a positive first and lasting impression for each of The Association of Former Students’ internal and external customers.
The Student Assistant performs essential reception and welcoming duties and directs callers and guests to appropriate team members or resources in a manner consistent with The Association’s vision and mission.
Serve as the primary and initial point of contact for most of our customers while delivering a positive and professional impression in every interaction.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally with excellence and respect.
- Operate multi-line telephones, voicemail, email, and oral or written communication methods as appropriate.
- Greet all guests to the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center with enthusiasm and a helpful demeanor.
- Possess the ability to multitask well in a fast-paced environment, always remaining calm under pressure.
- Evaluate customer requests and provide clear and correct information or accurately direct customers to the appropriate individuals who can assist them.
- Display exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Exercise complete discretion, respecting the privacy and security of all conversations, documents and other materials.
- Display friendly and personable telephone etiquette to all callers.
- Exemplify dependable and punctual attendance habits.
- Communicate efficiently and appropriately with a diverse customer demographic.
- Ensure the reception area and Flores Hall are clean and organized at all times.
- Provide assistance to other Association departments as requested and directed.
Participate in and provide input on various Association-wide activities.
- Actively contribute to efforts to achieve culture, engagement and fundraising goals.
- Provide on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participate on internal event and task committees.
- Participate in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serve as an ambassador for The Association.
- Meet our Team Expectations.
- Support The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Foster relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attend external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Team members may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Basic knowledge of Texas A&M campus and campus services. Ability to operate standard office equipment and software, including a multi-line telephone system and Microsoft Office. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to analyze situations under pressure and respond appropriately and professionally. Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation, with a desire to work on a high-achieving team. Excellent driving record. Availability to work during periods when the Williams Alumni Center is open but school is not in session.
Preferred: Previous office, reception or hospitality experience.
Required: Current student enrolled at Texas A&M University pursuing a bachelor or graduate degree.
Received: Front Desk Supervisor.