We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager who will be responsible for leading best practices and overseeing all aspects of payroll processing. The ideal candidate must have a very solid understanding of U.S. payroll laws, taxation, regulations, and requirements, as well as experience with preparation, balancing, and internal controls. This position reports to the Head of People and Talent and works closely with the Finance team.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team dedicated to making a difference in the world. If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for payroll management and philanthropy, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Payroll Processing & Benefit Billing Management (65%)
- Handle all aspects of processing payroll and related compliance activities
- Establish and implement procedures / best practices to ensure payroll delivery is a consistent, accurate and efficient process
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of required payroll reporting and compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Primary liaison with Paylocity managing day to day interactions and ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll transactions including new hires, salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Act as a resource for managers, supervisors, and employees by being knowledgeable about payroll and benefits management processes
Process and System Maintenance and Improvements (25%)
- Accurately maintain all legal and tax compliance related to payroll, year-end filings, taxes & benefits and other deductions
- Lead ongoing quality control and auditing of system's calculations and tax responsibilities.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of Reconcile benefit invoices and coordinate payment with Finance
- Document workflows and update procedures.
- Make changes to the current payroll HRIS to support process improvements.
- Manage the integrity of the data in the system
- Maintain records for PTO and Leave of Absence tracking and history
- Design and educate user friendly processes for managers and employees
- Protect payroll operations and maintain employee trust by keeping information confidential
Reporting, Audits and Analysis (10%)
- Develop, produce and analyze all required and requested payroll reports and queries for audits, labor management, budgeting and headcount, ensuring accurate and timely information
- A very solid understanding of U.S. payroll laws, taxation, regulations and requirements, preparation, balancing, internal control
- Current or very recent payroll management experience using Paylocity – know the system and how to leverage it.
- Advanced MS Excel skills– “daily” use of vlookups, other formulas and analytics using charts
- Advanced skills in building reports in Paylocity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Growth mindset and ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Obsessed with customer satisfaction and committed to creating a better world through philanthropy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a home office that is conducive to work and free from distractions during business hours.
- Experience leading the rollout and implementing new payroll systems and processes a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
- regularly required to talk or hear.
- to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.