REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
About All Chicago:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness.
All Chicago is seeking six AmeriCorps VISTAs to be part of our community partnerships team. All Chicago works with the Chicago Continuum of Care on a collective impact structure called the CoC Implementation Structure (CoC IS). The VISTAS will be an integral part of the staff working with the CoC on our strategic priorities for preventing and ending homelessness, and ensuring the voice of people with lived expertise is incorporated into our leadership and decision-making processes.
The CoC IS fosters collaboration and communication while allowing the community to engage in targeted decision-making. It spurs action, innovation and implementation. It supports regular review of data to track progress toward preventing and ending homelessness and responding to the community’s immediate needs. The six VISTA positions will work together but will also be assigned to different buckets of work within the CoC IS model. Five VISTAs will be attached to a Line of Action, and one VISTA will specifically work on incorporating the voices of people with lived experience into our work. To read more about our current priority areas/Lines of Action, review the CoC IS Community Guide on our website.
All Chicago supports AmeriCorps VISTAs through a robust onboarding program, weekly supervision from a task supervisor, monthly meetings with all VISTAs on important topics, and professional development opportunities.
- Assisting with the facilitation of productive meetings that promote engagement and participation.
- Develop and test methods for stakeholders to share feedback; analyzing feedback on current issues related to preventing and ending homelessness.
- Identifying ways to promote communication and information sharing throughout the CoC IS, and homeless system.
- Creating project management tools, and meeting facilitation templates to be used by CoC IS leaders and VISTA members.
- Creating materials, resources and training for providers to support the launch of new programming and enhancements to the homeless system.
- Conduct research on other communities and best practices related to homeless programming and services.
- Develop agendas and materials for regular CoC Implementation Structure check-in meetings, quarterly CoC Strategy Sessions, and other meetings as assigned.
- Attend CoC meetings, webinars, and other external and internal meetings to expand understanding of how All Chicago works with the CoC.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, relationship-building ability, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- If a candidate is selected, they must complete the necessary CNCS paperwork, and the candidate must accept our offer of the position through the AmeriCorps Portal.
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Work schedule Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Application Deadline (at AllChicago.org/careers): March 31, 2023.
VISTA service terms begin June 5th, 2023.
Your VISTA Position comes with these financial benefits:
- $200 Monthly Gift Card
- $675.08 Bi-weekly Living Allowance
Your Choice of two End-of-Service Awards (upon completion of a 12-month term):
- Segal Education Award: $6,495
- Cash Stipend Award: $3,000
Apply Online with resume.
Note: If a candidate is selected, they must complete the necessary CNCS paperwork and Americorps Portal Application must be correctly completed and submitted to All Chicago via our careers page, and the candidate must accept our offer of the position through the Americorps Portal.