Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
The 6th Alley Bar & Grill is A-Basin’s primary table-service restaurant offering Breakfast, lunch, Après Ski and Dinner service with a full bar menu and eclectic food options.
As a Host in the 6th Alley Bar & Grill you are responsible for coordinating the flow of the dining room to ensure each guest has the best experience possible.
This includes greeting and seating guests in a professional and friendly manner, maintaining an accurate wait list and generally supporting other 6th alley team members.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- A free shift meal on each day working
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Welcome and seat guests in a timely fashion while providing excellent guest service.
- Maintain wait list and accurately inform guests of wait times while directing them to wait areas when necessary.
- Work as part of a cohesive team and support Servers with any guest’s needs.
- Maintain a sanitary restaurant including dining, serving, and waste areas, throughout any shift and in accordance with daily/weekly checklists.
- May be asked to fill waters, remove dirty dishes, and clean tables.
- Complete opening and closing procedures (side work) according to Manager's instruction.
- Ensure all areas are stocked with supplies and notifies manager of any product or equipment needs in accordance to F&B procedures.
- A-Basin loves the environment! Help by educating guests and maintaining a bussing station that includes landfill trash, recycling, and compost.
- All other duties as assigned. Could be asked to help in any Food and Beverage roll with Manager's instruction.
- 6 months restaurant specific experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a productive team player.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own non-slip footwear.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- You will work in a table service restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role.