Benefits of working with Henderson Properties!
- Flexible Working Schedules.
- You receive 80 hours of PTO in your first year of employment and then it increases to 120 hours of PTO after your one year anniversary.
- We match up to 3% if you enroll in our Retirement Plan.
- We observe 8 Paid Holidays throughout the year.
- We offer Insurance options to Full Time Employees after 90 days of employment.
$23 - $28 per hour
Monday - Friday 8:30am -5:30pm
Supports Henderson Properties by assisting in the day-to-day administrative and accounting service obligations of a portfolio of community associations or investment properties.
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills to support business development.
- Takes responsibility for actions and outcomes and is able to persist despite obstacles. Demonstrates dependability in difficult circumstances and shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Produces work that is accurate and reliable in an efficient and timely manner. Able to be alert and concentrate on routine work details as well as organize and maintain a system of records. Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data. Establish high standards and measures and be able to meet quality expectations despite pressing deadlines.
- Impresses customers with exceptional service and continually searches for ways to improve processes. Understands and anticipates customer needs, wants and issues. Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery and do what it necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyze problems or procedures, evaluate alternatives and select the best course of action while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues. Uses logic to solve difficult problems, even when dealing with emotional topics, and looks beyond the obvious.
- Stands by a decision, despite second-guessing or disagreement from others. Assess a situation, takes quick action and makes an optimal decision even with limited information.
- Clearly expresses ideas and thoughts, both written and verbally, as well as exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps other adequately informed about issues affecting the business.
- Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people and foster an ethical work environment. Works effectively with others and responds positively to situations that require cooperation, courtesy and tact. Values divers work styles, approaches and thoughts. Treats others with dignity and respect.
- Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment and is able to share due credit with co-workers. Encourages collaboration among peers, solicits opinions from co-workers and supports group decisions. Can find common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
This role will be the primary contact for the Association Division for associations that are part of the employee’s portfolio. The individual will be responsible for a range of duties ranging from knowledge of detailed association accounting information to escalation resolution. Specific duties include:
- Receive Board of Director, Homeowner, and Co-worker requests, comments, concerns and complaints. Follow up as necessary
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis.
- Analyze budget variances
- Keep accurate and up-to-date financial records
- Assisting the controller on end of year tax forms and audits
- Assist with preparing 1099’s
- Reconcile bank statements
- Special accounting projects or other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Produce, distribute and explain financial statements that include all of the following:
- Financial Worksheet
- Notes to financial statement if necessary
- Balance Sheet
- Income/Expense Statement – month, year to date, and spreadsheet of each months activity in fiscal year
- General Ledger from Income Account – Expense Accounts
- Vendor distribution to general ledger
- Ages Payable Summary
- A/R Fees
- Cash Disbursements
- Bank Reconciliation
- Bank Statements.
Two-year college degree in business or related field, or equivalent business/office experience preferred.
At least two years' experience in accounting or a related field. Knowledge of accounting processes and advanced mathematical skills.
Proficient in Microsoft applications.
Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
Homeowner Association industry experience (preferred).