FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Service Desk Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the service desk, manages the technical support team, ensures adherence to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, maintains the budget, and manages contracts related to Information Technology (IT) services. In this role, the Service Desk Manager also resolves complex issues escalated by the team.
- Manages the technical support team, providing guidance and support to ensure that service level agreements are met and exceeded.
- Monitors service desk metrics and provides regular reports on key performance indicators to senior management.
- Provides technical support as needed to resolve complex issues escalated by the team.
- Ensures adherence to ITIL processes, including incident management, problem management, change management, and service request management.
- Develops and maintains procedures and policies for the helpdesk and ensures they are up to date and aligned with industry best practices.
- Manages the IT budget and ensures expenses are within the allocated budget.
- Manages IT service contracts, including vendor selection, negotiation, and renewal, and ensures service level agreements are met.
- Manages the organization's IT assets, including procurement, deployment, maintenance, and tracking.
- Develops and maintains an asset tracking system to ensure all assets are properly tracked and maintained.
- Work collaboratively with other IT teams to resolve issues and ensure that the service desk is aligned with overall IT strategy.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
A bachelor's degree in information technology is required.
Seven years of experience managing a helpdesk or technical support team is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. List any additional skills and competencies REQUIRED to adequately perform the duties of the job here.
- Knowledge of helpdesk and service desk software, such as ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, or Zendesk.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with networking technologies, such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with endpoint management and security tools, such as SCCM, Intune, or Jamf.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Experience with asset management and inventory tools, such as Snipe-IT or Lansweeper.
- Knowledge of IT procurement processes and vendor management.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure components, including servers, storage, and network equipment.
- Familiarity with IT security principles and best practices.
- Experience with asset lifecycle management, including retirement and disposal processes.
- Leadership, mentoring
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to support business processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Trouble shooting applications and computer issues
- Able to perform all assigned tasks with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly perform independent research and troubleshooting techniques, but also willing to ask questions when faced with issues.
- Shows initiative by taking ownership of assignments without instructions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills in desktop, network, and server support.
- Experience with ITIL processes and certifications such as ITIL Foundation, ITIL Practitioner or ITIL Service Manager.
- Experience managing IT service contracts, including vendor selection, negotiation, and renewal.
- Experience managing IT assets and tracking systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience managing a budget and financial acumen.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) preferred. HDI Support Center Team Lead Certification highly preferred.
- Comptia A+ certification preferred.
- CCINT 1 and 2 certifications preferred.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor. Must be able to lift or maneuver up to 25 lbs.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.