The Leasing Consultant provides successful sales for Fairstead Management’s properties. They demonstrate professionalism and well-informed solutions to assist in client needs during the sales process. The Leasing Consultant has remarkable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Responds to queries/inquiries including but not limited to providing leasing information, making appointments, creating, and following up with maintenance requests, and handling or escalating resident complaints.
- Converts leads into community tours by following up with all prospects and providing helpful and compelling information about the community and neighborhood.
- Conducts informative and personalized tours of the apartment community that result in new leases.
- Building brand loyalty by ensuring that the resident experience is comfortable and helpful experience.
- Maintains communications and follow-up correspondences with residents, applicants, and perspective applicants.
- Works with weekends with prospective residents.
- Coordinate property viewings, follow-ups and updating the contact management database.
- Coordinate and schedule lease applications and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Execute new lease agreements and coordinate move-in processes.
- Prepare and executes all lease-related and move in paperwork.
- Plan and implement strategies to generate traffic.
- Manage regulatory and compliance related services
- Respond to queries/leads and conduct property inspections.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two (2) years of experience as a leasing consultant.
- Proven skills in managing leases for high volume properties.
- Solid understanding of Federal, State and local rental regulations and compliance.
- Expert knowledge of rental agreements.
- Solution-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Well-informed individual who displays good judgement and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Yardi Software.
- Expert knowledge of rental agreements
- Strong knowledge of Tax Credit apartments
- Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Has experience in marketing for rental listings through open houses and individual showings.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values