This position is accountable for the corporate, financial and risk management operations of Trademark, to include the maintenance of financial and operation strategies, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Will also be involved in joint venture and partnership structure, documentation and tax planning.
Specific Areas of Responsibility Include:
· Actively participate in the executive management of Trademark.
· Review Trademark financial and performance with SVP Accounting and executive team.
· Monitor upcoming property dept maturities and potential for recapitalizations.
· Actively participate in development financing and deal structuring.
· Maintain relationships with construction lenders to keep developments funded.
· Oversee quarterly investor reporting and Co-Invest Fund investors.
· Review and approve insurance policies/coverages for Trademark and our portfolio.
· Manage tax planning / structuring of projects.
· Oversight of Joint Venture documentation negotiation.
· Negotiation of key service agreements.
· Actively track and monitor Trademark roles and responsibilities.
· Oversee Human Resources.
· Information Technology – review and approve capital expenditures.
· Available for accounting consultation for Controllers.
Assist with founder’s personal investments, estate planning and tracking
A degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience with eight plus years of progressively responsible experience.
Experience with partnering with an executive team.
Must have a high level of written and oral communications skills.
Preference give to Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
Real estate experience is strongly preferred.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
Strategic Business Operations and Finance Leadership
· Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best-in-class solutions, seeking opportunities to raise quality and productivity in an intentional way.
· Spends time building a clear understanding of the capabilities and potential of their team, as well as opportunities to build operational capability and capacity to support the whole organization. Fosters a culture of excellence and learning, holding people accountable for their commitments.
· Aligns the financial and operational strategies with the goals of the company.
Leading Teams and Driving Change
· Brings a sophisticated understanding of change management and strong analytical skills to move the organization toward greater efficiency and excellence.
· Innovative thinking and problem solving focused on continuous improvement and unafraid to challenge the status quo.
· Has the ability to motivate, mentor and lead teams and other stakeholders through a period of cultural and operational change and clearly communicate expectations in an inspiring way.
Collaborating and Influencing
· Decisive and thoughtful leadership who deftly engages stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes. A highly credible and experienced leader who partners effectively and instills confidence with the advisory board.
· Leverages the team to facilitate increased collaboration across the organization, tapping into their motives and values to energize them.
· Commitment to a culture of collaboration, transparency, excellence and accountability and the ability to build an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace.
Other Personal Characteristics
· Intellectually curious with excellent judgment; makes decisions that equitably balance a variety of factors and perspectives, navigates confidently in ambiguous situations. A bias for action even in the face of uncertainty and complexity.
· A high degree of emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills. Attentive and responsive listener demonstrating genuine interest for diverse views and opinions.
· Excellent communication skills. Articulate and persuasive in written and verbal communications. Readily shares information.
· Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
· Compassionate and respectful leader