SB Architects Summer Internship Program offers an array of opportunities based in design and delivery of architectural services.
Under the leadership of a dedicated SBA mentor, this internship delivers exposure to full scope hospitality and mixed-use projects from conceptual to construction while working with highly collaborative and creative teams across the United States, Asia and United Kingdom.
In this role, you will liaise with industry leaders, build networks, and reward real world experience working alongside innovative design teams and clients, all centered around SB’s dedication to supporting the next generation of design excellence.
This year, we will be offering 6 internship opportunities between our San Francisco and Miami offices.
As a selected Intern in SB Architects Summer Internship program, you will join one of our innovative design studios for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning in early Summery and ending during the early fall. You must be available for a minimum of 2 months and commit to the entire duration of the program. Candidates will be notified of their selection in early April.
- Enrollment in a third year or higher Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree in Architecture; NAAB accredited programs are preferred.
- You will be returning to school in the fall of 2023
- Familiarity with digital design tools (Prior experience preferred): Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch Up, AutoCad, Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), & Enscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with Bluebeam is valuable.
- Hand sketching is an additional highly valued asset
What You’ll be doing:
- Working on hospitality and mixed-use projects alongside an SB Project Team
- Working under direct supervision, function in accordance with an entry level junior designer performing design tasks
- Creating / modifying presentation documents
- Providing administrative support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Technical proficiencies as listed in the Eligibility section
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Motivated to explore and learn from all aspects of architectural practice