Catania Oils is a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic, and environmentally responsible manner. We are looking for passionate individuals who continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork. This is a rapidly growing yet well established organization looking for individuals that want to expand their careers.
Position has overall responsibility for all coordinating a schedule with the Warehouse Supervisors to lead and direct material handling and trailer loading and unloading at Catania Oils on a daily basis.
Position develops and directs the activities of:
1. Production: bringing raw materials to and from the lines, de-palletizing production lines, scanning product away from production lines into locations.
2. Warehouse and Shipping: loading and unloading of trailers, pre-staging orders, stock rotation, warehouse moves, general material handling.
3. Inter- Company Transfers: the scanning and processing of materials between buildings to ensure timely and accurate turnaround.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance record
2. Provides a positive example of leadership and has ability to serve as backup to Warehouse Supervisor on fill-in basis
3. Works with Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisor to test and implement new processes and procedures
4. Safely operate a forklift in a food-grade manufacturing facility with respect for SOPs, GMPs and company property in the following ways:
a. Certified forklift operator
b. Perform morning walk-around inspection of forklift and fill out and turn in daily inspection report
c. Daily battery maintenance/watering
d. Weekly cleaning of forklift(s)
e. Accurately picking, staging and loading orders as instructed by E21
f. Actively and aggressively pursue and be accountable for personal contribution to achieve the Warehousing goal of 600 pallet shipped per day between both warehouses.
g. Organize a production schedule to construct a plan for product placement in warehouse
h. Move product in warehouse to create necessary room using RF scanners
i. Following proper stock rotation in both picking orders and when performing moves in warehouse - FIFO
j. Supply production lines with raw materials as requested by work-orders and/or production personnel
k. Unload inbound trucks of raw materials and verify, with shipper, quantities that are being put away
l. De-palletize production lines in a timely manner and accurately put away materials from production lines using handled RF scanners
m. When servicing production: Minimize line downtime on designated line in order to achieve OEE goal by making timely pickups, maintain acceptable level of overall OEE downtime as a result of forklift downtime
n. When completed with all tasks, actively assist other warehouse personnel complete their tasks
5. Handle and stack product up to 50 pounds
6. Conduct product rework as needed
7. Periodically allocate, process, and sign for incoming paperwork and outbound orders in E21
8. Be present to assist and participate in mandatory physical inventory as needed
9. Verify and process transfer-trailer paperwork when necessary
10. Be available for periodic overtime or weekend work as needed
11. Consistently do your part to maintain a neat, clean, and organized warehouse
High School Diploma or equivalency
Speaks English fluently
Forklift and Pallet Jack certification
Minimum of 1 year in warehousing or logistics
Experience with ERP system and RF Scanners is a plus
Lifting or stacking cases up to 50 pounds
Sitting for Long periods of time
Electric Pallet Jack
Manual Hand Jack
Label software and Label Printer
We are a fourth generation, family-owned organization poised for incredible growth. The diversity of our workforce is celebrated. Everyone is valued, treated equally and with respect in a safe and innovative work environment. Our employees continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration and teamwork. To be successful here, you must demand excellence from yourself, be coachable, and commit fully to your goals of your team and the company.