Peju Winery is a family owned and operated winery located in Rutherford, in the heart of Napa Valley. Farming organically and sustainably, our estate-grown fruit develops into award winning wines that exhibit a graceful pairing of power and elegance. Peju Winery has been awarded Best Place to Work by the Northbay Business Journal for four years running. We are a Certified Green Winery committed to protecting the environment, providing extraordinary customer service, and recruiting smart, talented people to work with us.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, this position leads General Ledger, Balance Sheet, Fixed Asset Management, Wholesale chargebacks, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Costing and Financial Reporting. This position ensures accuracy and timeliness is consistently met and is responsible for performing specialized calculations, developing company processes, and creating reports that contribute to the effective operation and success of the company. The Finance department operates as a customer service and support unit for other departments in the company.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Facilitate month end and year end close procedures.
- Analyze revenues, commissions, and expenses to ensure proper recording.
- Prepare daily Flash report of revenues by channel.
- Maintain daily cashflow spreadsheet and resolve deposit discrepancies.
- Enter, maintain, and analyze expense budgets according to schedule. Prepare monthly and quarterly expense reviews.
- Prepare and reconcile all balance sheet accounts for Peju Family Operating Partnership and its entities.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Assess areas of risk and report to Financial Reporting Manager.
- Always maintain and protect information as confidential and proprietary.
- All other duties and projects to support the functions of the Finance Department.
- Perform month-end close process including input of adjusting and closing GL entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Review and analyze balance sheet account variances, accounting classifications, journal entries, records, sub schedules and reports to ensure the reasonableness of financial results. Report variances to Financial Reporting Manager.
- Assist in the annual expense budgeting process, including the creation of support schedules and the analysis and reporting of budget-to-actual variances.
- Reconcile all bank accounts for approval.
- Post and reconcile 3rd parties credit card processor payments.
- Calculate monthly depreciation and amortization.
- Organize and maintain month end close and support documents in a structured manner, ensuring all necessary documents are kept according to record retention policies.
- Assist in documenting, developing, and maintaining policies and procedures associated with the general ledger and monthly close process, including recommendations for process enhancements to policies and procedures and reliable internal controls.
- Assist in year-end closing process.
Fixed Asset and Inventory Control:
- Develop, maintain, and analyze fixed asset inventory, preparing periodic reports comparing General Ledger accounts to asset schedules.
- Establish and maintain property, barrel and inventory records.
- Reconcile year end bottling and cellars supplies.
- Maintain, calculate and analyze wine costs in 3rd party costing software.
- Post payments and chargebacks to customer and wholesale accounts.
- Ensure control of remittances received, proper posting to accounts, preparation of transmittal documents, and preparation of documents for input into financial system.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collections efforts.
- Notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or email to solicit payment monthly.
- Review with Wholesale Director of Sales, Director of Hospitality, Financial Reporting Manager and VP of Finance monthly.
- Knowledge AMS financial system
- Winery accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or equivalent skills and experience
- Three years of general ledger accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interpret accounting data, analyze reports and implement actions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and enhance internal and external customer relationships.
- Ability to solve problems in a creative manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Access and other business software required in the Finance Department.
- Ability to learn new systems and procedures.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs