Director, Content Strategy
NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
Managing creativity is an extraordinary idea. Purposefully limitless, it takes a skilled hand to shape and guide the potential of an idea from inception to fruition. This is what we do every day at NJI. We are a global design agency with offices in Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore that practices our craft in service of ambitious policy-minded clients that seek to influence, persuade or change the dialogue around issues that matter most to them.
We geek out on well written headlines and subtly explosive design executions. We obsess over every breath in a voice over and each line of code we execute. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients. The purposeful use of “we” is emblematic of NJI. We work as a team to support each other and our clients to do amazing, complex things.
Adding a new colleague is a thoughtful and considered process at NJI. The Content Strategy Director role we are seeking to fill on our global strategy team is not for the faint of heart. We are seeking a mighty hippogriff to join our team who possesses the rare pairing of talent and heart.
This is a new role. The right candidate will thrive at the intersection of strategy and creation with exceptionally strong writing chops that can flex to take on various viewpoints and voices on behalf of client brands and perspectives. NJI seeks to deepen and further define its capabilities as content strategists and creators by investing in this role.
This role will have a seat at the table across portfolio teams at NJI. This individual will work alongside account and project teams, creative, development, and video divisions. Understanding and advocating for the proper content development needs of clients will be a fundamental responsibility for this position. Work will range from core messaging and well crafted proof points to website copy, ad copy, or even script writing.
You must have real world experience successfully supporting projects with complex data/content inputs, as well as multifaceted projects with extensive design deliverables. The best candidate will seamlessly manage timelines, effortlessly develop relationships, and masterfully generate ideas to support client needs. This position reports to the President of NJI.
Down to earth, professional and efficient, the right candidate will be a self-starter that can manage multiple tasks simultaneously across a global agency — on-time and on-budget without compromising quality. You demonstrate a level of EQ alongside your technical knowledge and embody a team-centric ethos of always going the extra mile to support a colleague or client. Due to the global nature of this role, hours can be unpredictable at times, requiring you to work with teams across the world or to facilitate a last-minute request on a Friday afternoon.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop content strategies for NJI and clients
- Authoring and editing content on behalf of clients and NJI
- Creating specs and content appropriate for the client needs
- Overseeing writing style and tone for all content
- Overseeing copyediting resources for NJI
- Planning client editorial calendars and content propositions as needed
- Strategizing and improving content delivery and promotion, including the development of best practices/procedures
- Collaborating with other divisions to develop processes that complement existing workflows and ensuring they are applied consistently across portfolios
- Collaborating with internal teams, clients, and writers to implement the strategy
- Developing content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensuring they are followed
- Developing editorial strategy, so content is consistent across all delivery platforms
- Ensuring that content strategy meets business objectives for NJI and clients
- Strategizing and improving content delivery and promotion
- Analyzing content marketing strategy to evaluate whether it's working or not
- Overseeing periodic content audits
- Working with teams to track and calculate content ROI
- Remaining abreast of research and analysis on consumer thoughts and trends, particularly within the policy space and other relevant sources of influence.
- Established writer with a track record of successful client-driven materials
- Effective researcher and communicator, able to work on projects with minimal oversight, delivering properly formatted deliverables and asking relevant questions.
- Self-starter who proactively offers ideas, tactics, and approaches for completing projects
- Efficiently manage processes and advance projects from start to finish.
- Ability to oversee budgets and hours, project scopes, performance reports, and timelines for multiple project deliverables.
- Experience writing for digital media campaigns and/or websites.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
Work Hard Where You Are.
Part of our secret sauce is knowing that good talent can live anywhere. We actively encourage individuals to apply from across the country. NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban foragers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. This position is remote-eligible, and NJI maintains a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.