We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Family Solutions for Kids (FSK) Practicum Student Program
Agreement between Practicum Student and PCHAS
PCHAS will provide:
- Opportunity to provide individual and family therapy to FSK clients.
- Via telehealth initially, with the potential to provide in-home as the practicum student progresses in their practicum.
- Orientation regarding policies, procedures, documentation for the Program, and software used for the Program and PCHAS.
- Opportunity to participate in agency sponsored trainings, such as TBRI and The Strengths Model.
- Information regarding community-SKbased trainings.
- Information regarding community resources.
- Supervision by a licensed clinician for practicum activities and provide documentation to the student’s school of activities.
- Weekly stipend of $150, paid bi-weekly.
- Appropriate taxes will be deducted from practicum student stipend, as required by the IRS.
- Mileage reimbursement, if applicable.
- Set a schedule, which will include providing an average of 8 hours of therapy to clients per week and up to 2 hours of case management services.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly staffings and bi-weekly team meetings, as able and appropriate.
- Maintain client files and documentation according to ethical/legal standards as required by policy, procedures, and contract requirements, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Meet school’s expectation of required practicum hours.
- Keep in communication with practicum supervisor regarding schedule and case updates.
- Utilize own devices (computer and cell phone).
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA standards for all assigned clients and families.
- Hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record.
- Willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings. Undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.