Seeking an experienced Warehouse and Distribution Leader with expertise in leading a multi-site Warehouse and Distribution Facilities at Schluter Systems, L.P. (Current locations in Plattsburgh, NY, Reno, NV, and Fort Worth, TX). Position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of North America and work from the Plattsburgh, NY location.
Schluter is a company that values strong partnerships (with suppliers, customers, and employees) and a positive and constructive team environment. Candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator who will promote this team culture. A leader who truly practices “Leading” versus “Managing” and whom builds up people and teams, inspiring and creating change from within the team versus dictating change.
A proven leader in continually improving operational performance through Lean improvements and team development. A champion who knows who to inspire customer loyalty throughout the team by going above and beyond.
A leader also with extensive experience in strategic planning and developing distribution and warehouse processes and infrastructure for the future.
Schluter Systems is a fast growing, innovative, industry leading company and is looking for someone who is passionate about these types of challenges, values, and goals.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Distribution and Warehouse Leader:
- Responsible for the efficient and safe operation of warehouse and distribution facilities
- Promote the importance of Safety and Health, ensuring compliance, and striving towards an incident free workplace
- Leading the warehousing, customer fulfillment and Schluter DC distribution operations in NA
- Develop and drive the roadmap for distribution and transportation strategy aligned to the business growth and demands
- Promotes strong teamwork between all sites to ensure best practices are adopted and a Lean/Continuous improvement culture is developed
- Create collaborative and autonomous teams focused on developing a self-directed, continually improving process
- Train, coach, and lead to achieve continuously higher quality, productivity, and service performance. Developing a flexible and dependable team
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and positive teamwork
- Identify training and organization development needs of personnel
- Ensure DC’s have appropriate leadership, skills, resources, processes, and training to maximize worker/facility utilization
- Ensure support for new/changing operational processes and product introductions
- Keep current on industry trends, technology, and market offerings, understanding impacts on operations and strategic development
- Ensures customer quality and delivery expectations are consistently met and improved
- Maintain accurate Inventory Management practices
- Maintains physical condition (clean, well-organized (5S)) and maintenance of warehouse and fulfillment areas to always be customer ready
- Help lead and assist in planning and implementation of new warehouse capacity and DC design layouts
- Develop effective working relationships with external departments to ensure excellence as it relates to efficient, high quality operations. Works closely with
- Purchasing/Planning team on delivery of materials, equipment, and services according to requirements of operation
- Customer Service and Sales
- Executive Management
- Customer Focus
- Promote customer focus, ensuring customer requirements are communicated and understood
- Ensure corporate strategy, business channel, and DC objectives are satisfied
- Develop logistics and distribution strategies to support the dynamic needs of the customer emphasizing service and continual optimization
- Ensure tactical delivery with a focus on quality, time, and cost to serve all business channels
- Team Leadership: Organizing recruitment, scheduling, training, coaching, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Building a positive and constructive work culture
- Perform other work and special projects as required by COO
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of proven warehouse and distribution leaderships experience (preferably managing larger multi-site DC’s)
- Exceptional people-management and conflict resolution skills
- Strong Total Business Acumen and a proven ability to lead the organization with minimal direction
- Strong Emotional Intelligence and an ability to coach it to others
- Track record of leading teams in Continuous Improvement, creating ideas and change from within the team through Lean principles
- Improving processes to improve cycle time, productivity, and customer quality
- Proven ability to train, lead, coach, mentor, and motivate a team helping to develop a stronger process driven environment
- Strong decision-making skills with logical business and customer reasoning
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, management, and cross organizationally
- A leader that enjoys building a continually improving, self-motivated, customer focused team
- Strong skills in ERP/WMS and warehouse automation systems to support operations
- Competent in the use of computer equipment, word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs (i.e. MS Office)
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive and strategic in nature
· Generous PTO
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Guaranteed Biannual Bonuses
· 401k with Company Match
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Annual Raises
· Room for Advancement
Schluter Systems is a family-owned and internationally renowned company that has been rapidly growing over the last 10 years. The Schluter brand is backed by a team of people working together to create a line of innovative products that provide solutions to the tile industry. We’re looking to build our team with individuals who like to think BIG, and want to be part of what makes our products-- extraordinary. We are a company that treats its employees, suppliers, and customers as long-term partners. Where success is built on a win-win philosophy and everyone should benefit.
"Profit is not the goal of the business. Profit is the consequence of a job well done" Werner Schluter, Founder
Are you interested in a truly unique and special company? Hear from our employees on what it means to be part of the Schluter family: http://www.schluter.com/careers . Then if you’re ready to see life in Orange, talk to us about this career opportunity at Schluter Systems.
Schluter Systems L.P. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.