POSITION CLOSES: March 25, 2023
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Human Resource Director.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
· Monday – Friday schedule
· Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
· 19+ annual paid holidays
· Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
· 401(k) with annual profit sharing
· Life & AD&D insurance coverage
· Employee Assistance Program
· Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Administer a complex HR program for a diverse ambulatory health center serving American Indians and Alaska Natives. Plan, direct, and coordinate PTHA employee related programs, policies, and procedures. Supervise the HR department staff.
- Responsible for ensuring knowledge of cultural history, customs, and traditions are provided to employees at time of hire and cultural competency training is implemented when applicable.
- Develop and implement a cultural filter into employee recruitment process.
- Create an incredible employee experience that is inclusive and performance oriented from onboarding to ongoing development.
- Develop and maintain staffing, recruiting, and retention plans and procedures to meet established employment and turnover goals ensuring Native Preference is followed.
- Perform employee relations activities to advise all levels of employees, resolve conflicts, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring employee benefits, workers comp, unemployment, onboarding, Credentialing & Privileging process, COBRA, FML, compensation program, discipline matters, investigations, and policy and procedures are administered correctly and in compliance with accreditation and policies.
- Develop and implement a training program for all PTHA staff, on a regular ongoing basis to ensure compliance with PTHA accrediting agencies (e.g. AAAHC, COLA) as well as PTHA’s policies.
- Develop and manage company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback.
- Continually monitor and ensure PTHA’s compliance with Federal and Tribal employment laws and PTHA’s policies.
- Responsible for compensation administration and analysis and maintaining comprehensive files of updated position descriptions, employee change notices and other related documents.
- Responsible for contract review, including but not limited to: employee contracts, vendor contracts, and affiliation agreements in collaboration with the Compliance Department.
- Review, update, and implement HR policies and procedures on an ongoing basis and as needed, ensuring centralized electronic documentation.
- Track and communicate to executive team regarding tribal, state, and federal emerging trends, policy and other issues that impact PTHA.
- This person may be a part of the Executive Team, and reports to the Executive Director, and may be assigned other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ HR experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years HR experience in a healthcare environment.
- Minimum of four (4) years strong compensation, benefits and generalist experience.
- Experience with healthcare accreditation processes (e.g. AAAHC, JCHAO, COLA).
- HR certification required (SHRM, HRIS, THRP).
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and regional employment laws and comfort translating to employee policies.
- Strong skills in project management with a high level of organization and strong attention to detail.