Edgeworth Economics is an economic and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigation, regulatory, and other challenges involving antitrust, class certification, intellectual property, and labor and employment. Edgeworth’s expert economists, statisticians, data analysts, and other professionals assist clients with innovative solutions rooted in the rigorous application of economic principles and hard data. Organizations including leading law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies rely on Edgeworth Economics to help them navigate through their most critical legal disputes and other challenges.
Edgeworth Economics is hosting a PhD Summer Symposium to introduce current PhD candidates to economic consulting. Our program is designed to be a complement to your thesis research, while exposing you to different, practical applications of economics that you may not otherwise be able to experience in a traditional PhD program.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify key economic issues and develop relevant analytical frameworks
- Formulate economic and statistical models
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research
- Present results of analyses
- Are able to be in Washington, DC during the week of June 19th
- Should be in the 3rd or 4th year of their PhD program with expertise in economics, statistics, or related areas such as econometrics, competitive economics, market structure, price theory, industrial organization or labor issues is a plus
- Demonstrate strong communication skills