Established in 1928, the West Shore Country Club was envisioned as a place where friends could gather for social and recreational activities. Over the years, as membership grew, our original vision has remained true. Located on 164 acres in the heart of South Central Pennsylvania, our club offers the finest in golf, tennis, swimming, dining and social activities for your leisure times. Our variety of banquet settings can accommodate parties from a small business meeting to a grand wedding celebration. Our beautiful clubhouse and impeccably groomed grounds add to the aura of quiet sophistication that is the West Shore Country Club.
The Executive Sous Chef serve as “second-in-command” of the kitchen. Assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained. The Executive Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef.
· Full-Time Position
· Primary Schedule: 5 work week, 45-50 hours/week
· Annual Salary Range will be determined based on experience
Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
· Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials” to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by standardized recipes.
· Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
· Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
· Assists Executive Chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production
· Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
· Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve
· Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
· Prepares reports, arranges schedules, and costs menus and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive
· Personally, works in any station as assigned by the Executive Chef.
· Helps plan energy conservation procedures in the kitchen.
· Consults with dining service personnel during daily line-ups.
· Assists in maintaining security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
· Assists in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items.
· Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
· Coordinates buffet presentations.
· Checks mise en place before service time and inspects presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are met.
· Reports all member and guest complaints to the chef and assists in resolving complaints.
· Monitors kitchen employees’ timecards to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
· Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements, and personnel management to executive chef.
· Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
· Attends staff meetings as required.
· Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Executive Chef.
Education and Certification:
· Food safety certification preferred.
· Certification or degree from American Culinary Federation or other Culinary/ Hospitality School preferred.
Experience and skills:
· Must have at least 3 years' supervisory experience
· 3(+) years culinary experience preferably in Country Club or fine dining environment
· Must demonstrate ability to problem solve in a productive manner
· Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
· Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Continuous repetitive motions.
· Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
- Paid on the job training
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
- Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
- Company Provided Meals
- Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
- A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full Time Employees receive:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- 401K with discretionary match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid STD and AD&D insurance
West Shore Country Club is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Applicants requiring special accommodations during and after the application process can contact our Human Resources department at (717) 761-4530 ext.1107.