Established in 1928, the West Shore Country Club was envisioned as a place where friends could gather for social and recreational activities. Over the years, as membership grew, our original vision has remained true. Located on 164 acres in the heart of South Central Pennsylvania, our club offers the finest in golf, tennis, swimming, dining and social activities for your leisure times. Our variety of banquet settings can accommodate parties from a small business meeting to a grand wedding celebration. Our beautiful clubhouse and impeccably groomed grounds add to the aura of quiet sophistication that is the West Shore Country Club.
The Banquet Captain supervises the banquet functions for the club when the banquet manager is not available or assist the banquet manager during the function. Ensure that member satisfaction standards are consistently attained. The Banquet Captain is an hourly, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Banquet Manager.
Starting Wage: $19+ per hour
Full Time Hours: 30 - 40 hours per week
Variable Hours Schedule: Monday - Sunday
(WSCC is closed on Monday and Tuesday during the months of January & February. WSCC is closed on Mondays during the months of March - December. Banquet Employees can be scheduled to work events scheduled on days the Club is scheduled to be closed.)
Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
- Coordinates food service between kitchen and banquet service staff.
- Inspects all linens daily for proper appearance.
- Enforces established club rules, regulations and policies.
- Reviews table diagrams, guest tables and other function room set-up needs for special functions.
- Conducts daily line-up (when the banquet manager is not available) to ensure smooth, efficient service; assigns server stations and coordinates the timing of courses.
- Ensures that all banquet staff are well-groomed and in proper uniform.
- Assists with inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies to meet required needs.
- Assists with training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating of banquet service staff.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all banquet areas.
- Completes an after-event “Banquet Service Catering Report” to improve quality and efficiency of banquet functions.
- Ensures that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to each event and forwarded to the accounting department.
- Attends Banquet Department meetings.
- Manages the inventory of banquet service ware.
- Interacts with banquet host or hostess to assure all needs are being met.
- May serve “VIP” guests.
- Assures that state and local laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the banquet manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 - 5 years Banquet Serving Experience
- 2 - 4 years Supervisory Experience
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to make quick decisions and detail oriented
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
- Paid on the job training
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
- Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
- Company Provided Meals
- Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
- A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full Time Employees receive:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- 401K with discretionary match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid STD and AD&D insurance
West Shore Country Club is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Applicants requiring special accommodations during and after the application process can contact our Human Resources department at (717) 761-4530 ext.1107.