Established in 1928, the West Shore Country Club was envisioned as a place where friends could gather for social and recreational activities. Over the years, as membership grew, our original vision has remained true. Located on 164 acres in the heart of South Central Pennsylvania, our club offers the finest in golf, tennis, swimming, dining and social activities for your leisure times. Our variety of banquet settings can accommodate parties from a small business meeting to a grand wedding celebration. Our beautiful clubhouse and impeccably groomed grounds add to the aura of quiet sophistication that is the West Shore Country Club.
West Shore Country Club is an area favorite location to hold a business, family, celebratory, or golfing event. At West Shore Country Club our Banquet Team provides service beyond expectations to ensure our members and guests are overjoyed with the events held at West Shore Country Club. The Banquet Server report directly to the Banquet Manager.
- Starting Wage: $15+ per hour (based on experience)
- Full Time: 30(+) hours week
- Part Time: <30 hours week
- Variable Hours Schedule: Monday - Sunday
(WSCC is closed on Monday and Tuesday during the months of January & February. WSCC is closed on Mondays during the months of March - December. Banquet Employees can be scheduled to work events scheduled on days the Club is scheduled to be closed.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read Banquet Event Order (BEO) to become familiar with event specifics: set-up, menu, service, etc.
- Set up event based on BEO specifications: tables, linens, place settings, etc.
- Greet event attendees when contact is made
- Utilize proper serving techniques based on event style specifications: table, butler, buffet, etc.
- Maintain personal presence while providing continued service for the duration of the event
- Keep event space and work areas clean and orderly throughout the duration of shift
- Tear down, clean up, restock, put away, and reset at the end of event
- Other duties as assigned by Banquet Captain, Banquet Manager, and Clubhouse Manager
Other duties and Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with event menu for the purpose of explaining ingredients and preparation methods if inquired
- Be aware guest dietary specifications listed on BEO
- Communicate with Kitchen Staff regarding menu clarifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- ServSafe / RAMP Certification preferred
- Must be able to read English and communicate clearly
- Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to stand and walk for duration of shift
- Must be able to lift, push, carry up to 40 lbs.
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
- Paid on the job training
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
- Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
- Company Provided Meals
- Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
- A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full Time Employees receive:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- 401K with discretionary match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid STD and AD&D Insurance
West Shore Country Club is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Applicants requiring special accommodations during and after the application process can contact our Human Resources department at (717) 761-4530 ext.1107.