Asurint is a Cleveland, OH based national background screening company that focuses on innovation, technology & service to deliver comprehensive screening solutions to businesses & government entities across the country.
Asurint’s proprietary data analytics platform & application technologies improve the thoroughness, efficiency and timeliness of pre-employment screening for our clients.
The Paralegal is responsible for providing a variety of tasks to support the General Counsel in Asurint’s Legal Department. Tasks include maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research and drafting documents. The Paralegal will assist with litigation support including preparing for hearings, trials and mediations.
Note: this is a remote working position with occasional travel to the office required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists General Counsel with contract review and proofreading items, including helping with organization of contracts in need of review. This includes non-disclosure, master services, recruiting, marketing, and independent contractor agreements, in addition to contracts related to the provision of various technology-driven resources.
- Efficiently and accurately researches federal, state and/or local law, regulations, and policies. Communicates findings to internal and/or external counsel, and/or internal business clients in partnership with General Counsel.
- Organize and maintain documents in appropriate filing system.
- Provide litigation support on matters including document coordination and e-discovery needs.
- Monitor and review industry litigation trends and government regulations to ensure that the corporation is aware of pertinent changes.
- Manage audit requests from external sources including coordination of internal business units and documentation.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in a corporate business environment is required.
- Experience conducting legal research is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is required.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience with contract management systems is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree or a professional paralegal certification is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience in a corporate setting is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- Although not required, experience with employment and labor laws is a bonus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
Short & Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
FREE gym in building
Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
Business Casual Attire
Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer*