BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Senior Field Engineer, who's role is to support the onsite construction quality activities of solar and energy storage projects 1MW – 250MW. The Field Engineer must be willing to travel 75-80% to project locations in the Northeast as project schedules require.
BlueWave's vision is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects. BlueWave has developed and built more than 150 MW of solar projects to date and is actively developing battery storage projects to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid more than 144,000 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Maintaining safety and making sure no one works without proper safety orientation
- Preparing and sending material requests to PM (or directly to Procurement as agreed with PM)
- Overseeing EPC Contractor’s QA/QC process specific to piles, racking systems, modules, harness/collection systems, inverters, AC/DC wiring systems, substation, transmission line, fencing, SWPPP and perform daily inspections
- Electronically logging, organizing and track all issues/deficiencies found during inspections
- Collaborating with EPC Contractors in addressing and mitigating any quality related deficiencies
- Managing deliveries, inspections and EPC handling of Precision Solar Renewables supplied equipment
- Managing the punch list and inspection process for efficient project closeout
- Effectively communicating with all members of the team and/or subcontractors as required
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner to ensure adherence to all Precision Solar Renewables policies and procedures
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Travelling to sites is expected at 75-80%
- 5-years prior experience in distributed generation or utility scale solar QA/AC
- Ability to perform quality control inspections and create reports on work completed
- Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, voltage procedures, lock out tag out, infrared testing, multi-meters, amp clamps, megohmmeters, and torquing tensioning procedures
- Familiarity with single axis trackers
- Ability to travel and work on remote solar projects
- Self-starter and comfortable in an environment with relatively lean staff
- Willingness to execute extended field assignments
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with NEC
- In-depth understand of electrical theory and NEC code and all building requirements
- OSHA 30 certified
- CPR-First certified
- Clean driving record
- A proven track record of delivery safe projects on schedule within budget
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.