POSITION CLOSES: March 26, 2023
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington, is seeking a full time Pharmacy Technician with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 19+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assists pharmacists with dispensing functions and processes refill requests. Triage patients at pharmacy window and helps with prep work to process prescriptions. Maintains drug stock and performs drug purchasing.
- Know and continually review medication brand and generic names, medical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and be able to type accurately at least 35 words per minute.
- Rotate through all work areas of the pharmacy weekly.
- Obtain, review, update, and print (if requested) patient eligibility, insurance information, and health information on the pharmacy patient profile daily.
- Issue prescriptions refills after verifying patient and record patient signature for such transactions daily.
- Process in-person and phone requests for prescription refills, determine if requests require approval, retrieve patient record if needed, collate and/or route requests electronically, in writing, or by facsimile to the Medical Provider or authorizing entity daily.
- Triage in-person, written, or phone requests for drug information or health advice to a registered pharmacist or to an appropriate entity within the health organization daily.
- Retrieve and process new or refill prescription orders electronically, by facsimile, telephone, or brought in-person which includes but is not limited to typing, counting and pouring, labeling, mixing, and collating in preparation for final check by a registered pharmacist daily.
- Trouble shoot prescription third party claim rejections by understanding formulary restrictions, plan limitations, drug utilization review override codes, relationship codes; requesting and completing prior authorization forms; and/or communicating with plan help desk representatives and prescribing entity daily.
- Inspect pharmaceutical stock and supplies for re-ordering, outdates, or deterioration daily.
- Document on log sheets pharmaceutical stock issued to floor stock, return to manufacturer, or items mark to be destroyed at least weekly.
- Compare received pharmaceutical stock and supplies with invoices, sign, date, and forward invoices to Technician Supervisor for review before submission to Accounting daily.
- Attend monthly Pharmacy and Technician meeting and provide relevant feedback to workflow issues.
Graduation from an accredited pharmacy technician program. Two or more years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician, with most recent 12 months working in a retail pharmacy. Proficient with 3rd party billing and dosage calculations. Ability to work in fast paced pharmacy filling from 800- 1200 prescriptions per day. Current WA State Pharmacy Technician Certification required. Experience and / or ability to work with electronic health record systems.