Registered Nurse (Office & Ambulatory Surgery Center)
A busy Class A ambulatory surgery center and urology practice is looking for a highly motivated RN to come join a lively team in our Pottstown, PA office! In order to be a strong fit with our team, we are looking for someone who is confident, a self-starter and devoted team member in a fast-paced work environment.
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONS: Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodates services
for medical staff in the office setting and ambulatory surgery center.
1. Maintain orderly, efficient and timely flow of patients.
2. Prepare patients for examination by physician including, but not limited to collection and preparation of specimens, vital signs, verifying current medications and medication allergies, mixing appropriate medications, administering injections.
3. Sets up for specific procedures, including but not limited to cystoscopies, vasectomies, TRUS, prostate biopsies and circumcisions. Prepares patients for these procedures. Assists physicians as necessary with these procedures. Maintains sterile technique when indicated
4. Prepare specimens and paperwork to be sent out to laboratories, i.e. cultures, cytologies and biopsies.
5. Assists physician, as needed.
6. Checks exam rooms for necessary supplies and makes sure equipment and work areas are well stocked, clean and in good working condition.
7. Clean and sterilize instruments, as needed.
8. Performs ultrasounds, flow rates and other tests as directed by the physician.
9. Assists front desk and scheduling receptionist with duties as able or as directed.
10. May be required to coordinate inventory of medicines and other clinical supplies. Maintains inventory records.
11. Utilizes EMR for patient record documentation.
12. Reviews patient records prior to appointment to assure all pertinence information has been received.
13. Makes post op calls, as needed.
14. Assists in keeping office neat and clean.
15. Other duties, as assigned.
16. Attends meetings, as required.
PRIOR TRAINING, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of one year clinical Registered Nurse. Current RN licensure and basic life support certification.
EQUIPMENT/WORK AIDES USED BY POSITION:
Medical equipment such as cystoscopes, ultrasound, sphygmomanometer, flow meter, autoclave, etc. Computer, copies, telephone, fax.
ON THE JOB TRAINING PERIOD: Three months.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pottstown, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person