Challenge yourself. Bring out the best in your team.
At La Macchia Group, you’ll be surrounded by talented people who work hard & play hard. We understand that to be truly successful, we need to take care of our team & encourage a vibrant work-life balance. We actively create an environment where experience & opportunity come together; where listening and a commitment to collaboration fuel the best and brightest ideas.
The Project Architect is responsible for most phases of the development of the project. They bridge all the different phases of the project from start through construction. They work closely with the lead designer & Construction Project Manager during the Schematic Design phase & along with the Construction Project Manager take the lead on the project in the Design Development phase. The Job Captain will work closely with the Architectural Project Manager and Interior Designer to translate design concepts into the construction Documents. They will also be the point of contact with the client to develop the building design during the Design Development Phase.
This role comes with a high level of responsibility. They will assist the Lead Designer to develop creative and innovative architectural concepts and then translate that design concept to the A/E production team. The project Architect manages the material selection, schedule, and quality control, guiding the A/E production team through the design-development and construction Document process. They will need excellent management skills as their time will be divided between design work and design/production, as well as some construction administration.
The Project Architect is responsible for ensuring that the designs meet the client’s requirements and work with the client to developed design recommendations. They will evaluate and apply specific architectural techniques within the project cycle and identify design solutions that meet the needs of the client and stay within budget. Strong communication skills and technical knowledge are required.
- 8 - 10+ years’ experience on projects with increasing responsibility.
- Proficiency and production experience in AutoCAD and Revit within an office environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, ALTA surveys, soils reports, and product specifications is essential to this role. Writing reports and timely correspondence combined with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of an organization is vital to this job function.
- Ability to assemble documentation into a presentation format utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Power Point, and/or other digital formats.
- Ability to translate and communicate design concepts into building development and construction documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture