Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With talented, hardworking, and friendly staff, we work toward the common goal of serving residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are adding talented people in all of our locations!
The MRI Technologist Aide provides excellent patient care and clerical assistance to the MRI department and helps maintain a safe environment for patients and staff. This position assists the MRI Technologist and staff through support duties for patient care such as check in and check out, MRI exam set up and take down, data entry, clearance tasks, positioning patients and other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the education and experience identified below and be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, either with or without a reasonable accommodation. The below is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Transfers patients from waiting room to MRI changing areas.
- Preps and cleans MRI room and changing rooms between patients.
- Provides clerical assistance to MRI Technologists.
- Preps patient for MRI scan and completes initial screening and patient education.
- Helps with patient assistance, exam positioning, check in/out, and daily clerical duties.
- Assisting patients with mobility limitations to/from changing rooms, on/off MRI table, and to/from parking lot.
- Stocks, cleans, and assists with any duties requested from MRI management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Educational background in Health Sciences or Human Anatomy, preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite or related computer software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus.
- Previous healthcare experience including MRI safety and working directly with patients, a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information; ability to communicate with clients or customers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Detail Oriented – Consistently checks and rechecks work product for accuracy; able to manage multiple tasks while accurately performing essential job functions; prepares accurate and thorough reports, emails, and data as required by the position.
- Confidentiality - Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
Independence of Action
Work is closely monitored by supervisor/manager; detailed instructions and procedures are generally provided.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to one-third of working time, “regularly” means between half and two-thirds of working time, and “frequently” means two-thirds and more of working time.)
- The work environment is a typical medical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others. The position is occasionally exposed to minimal radiation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear up to 8 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl up to 8 hours a day.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. The employee will regularly assist patients in turning; will frequently assist patient in arising from exam table; will frequently push wheelchair patients; and frequently assists patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair or bed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
- Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person's race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.