Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
We're looking for an experienced Property Accountant to join our team! TOK is a commercial real estate company with work-ready offices in Nampa and Boise, Idaho. We’re also a family-oriented company that truly values our employees. We offer healthcare options that are paid for or partially paid for by TOK, a 401k and match, a competitive salary complete with profit-sharing bonuses, three weeks paid time off, and many other unique non-monetary benefits.
This position is team-focused and will work closely with several property managers that make up the property management team.
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for fifteen (15!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
As a Property Accountant, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform reconciliations for general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, balance sheet accounts, and other accounts as necessary.
- Perform period close activities including processing of journal entries, batch transactions, variance analysis, budgeting, and general ledger coding.
- Prepare and review comprehensive monthly, and yearly, financial statements for managed properties.
- Oversee accounts receivable/payable transactions and provide guidance to the property manager for collection efforts.
- Provide accounting support to property managers, property owners, tenants and vendors.
- Respond to client and property manager inquiries as necessary in a timely manner.
- Assist in design, implementation, and ongoing execution of accounting controls over cash, accounts payable, vendor records, financial statement accuracy, etc.
- Participate with annual budgeting process, review budgets prior to owner submission and providing Property Managers with assistance as needed.
- Understand lease abstracts and recoveries; input and administer lease accounting
- Support and collaborate with other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- A minimum two years of experience in accounting including general ledger exposure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or real-world equivalent in accounting.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software, intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative work style, and the ability to communicate timely to provide high levels of customer service.
Additional preferred skills and abilities:
- A preference for consistent and scheduled tasks.
- The ability to split time between specific tasks and client service.
- The ability to organize a high volume of emails so that clients and peers know the status of various tasks.
- Experience with Yardi software and implementation.
- Proactively approach problem solving and look for opportunities for business improvement.
- Experience in property management accounting.